Junior Project Manager
London, United Kingdom
Location: London office & Remote working
Start date: ASAP
What we’re looking for:
A Junior Project Manager at Waste Creative is responsible for project managing and producing a wide range of projects across multiple disciplines and platforms. Reporting into the Lead Project Manager, they will work across all IPs on our Supercell account, supporting Project Managers with the process, productivity and profit of the projects.
The Junior Project Manager primarily works on low-level projects up to £20k, but also supports Project Managers on mid-level projects from conception through to delivery.
They should have a good understanding of roles and capabilities across all departments and, with the support of Project Managers, will learn to identify specific skill sets required for each project. They are expected to have some experience working with large teams and experience working with smaller, more agile teams.
Our project managers are a likeable bunch and strive to keep project teams motivated - producing high-quality work is paramount. While our environment is collaborative and supportive, we thrive on candidates that are proactive, take accountability and really own their work. The ability to hit the ground running is a very desirable trait
The successful candidate will be working on one of the largest accounts at Waste, Supercell, across a variety of their games, including Clash of Clans. Producing high quality social assets for YouTube, Instagram and Tik Tok.
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum 2 years agency, production house or post-production experience, delivering a variety of projects
- An understanding of Creative, Design, Video, 2D, 3D and Sound roles, functions, capabilities and applications
- Basic technical understanding of various production software (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects, etc.)
- Experience budgeting, scoping and managing low-level projects
- Some experience managing Strategy & Creative time is a bonus
- A basic understanding of the shoot production process
- Understanding of encoding/transcoding, codecs, video formats, file types, frame rates, resolutions
- Fantastic communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced creative environment
- Ability to interact with co-workers effectively and appropriately at a variety of levels, across many disciplines
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to pick up challenging projects at any phase with enthusiasm
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to pick up challenging projects at any phase, at lightning speed and with enthusiasm
- A keen eye for quality control
Your duties will be to:
- Work alongside Creative and Production teams to ensure projects are produced to a high standard, delivered on time and within agreed budget
- Arrange briefings, plan, scope and quote low-level projects
- Assign operators, manage reviews, track costs and manage project progress
- Estimating, tracking and billing with Paprika
- Create reports for projects
Quality Control & Risk Management
- Manage quality control process within assigned projects
- Proactively troubleshoot to prevent roadblocks for creative and production teams at every stage of project lifecycle
Resource Planning & Collaboration
- Develop an understanding of internal + external talents and their abilities
- With the support of Mid-Weight PMs, identify resource gaps and initiate resource searches with resource manager
- Liaise with third party vendors / freelancers where relevant
In return, you’ll get:
- Waste shuts during the Christmas period ranging between 1 and 2 weeks with that time not being taken out of your regular holiday entitlement
- Early-finish/late start Fridays in August & February
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Regular team outings and social events
- Workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthdays off
- Volunteer days
- Access to Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)
- Flexible start times
- Group Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- A shiny new office, with a gaming area, plus regular events
Waste is a fan-first creative agency, specialising in the gaming industry. We put fans & communities at the heart of everything we do. Our clients range from mobile gaming giants like Supercell to companies like EA, Nintendo, Riot Games, Ubisoft, Sega, and Zynga. We excel in player acquisition and retention, community-focused content creation, and marketing campaigns across different mediums. Our global team of 85+ specialists covers a broad spectrum of services, from strategy & creative to production, with physical offices in London and Tokyo.
Our company is guided by 'The Waste Way'—our core values—and an entrepreneurial spirit. Our innovative approach has earned us over 100 awards and recognitions, like Art Director’s Club, Clio, D&AD, and The Webby Awards. In addition to our work, we produce our own craft beer, Waste Pale Ale, run an animation production company, This Thing of Ours, and support UK-based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.
The Waste Way
Our culture is built on four pillars:
- Be Brave: We seek innovative solutions and embrace diverse thinking.
- Own Your Shit: We value action and empower our team to make things happen.
- Make it Better: We continuously strive for improvement in our work, agency, and ourselves.
- Be Kind: We believe in teamwork—we win, lose, and learn together.
How Wasters embrace Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Us Wasters are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us diversity and inclusion are not just a tick-boxing activity, but a chance for us to make long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Your application has been submitted