London, United Kingdom
Location: London office & Remote working
Start date: ASAP
What we’re looking for:
The Resource manager at Waste is responsible for the day-to-day resource management of a busy Creative Studio. They will have oversight of every job going through each team and work with the PM’s to ensure projects are on track. They will liaise with the HoD’s to ensure each week Waste has sufficient resources to cover the workload. Making decisions on priorities and freelance needs for each department based on project deadlines.
The successful applicant will have:
- 5+ years experience in resourcing multiple teams in a creative agency setting
- Solid understanding of the Creative delivery process
- Knowledge of strategy, creative, design, motion & tech resourcing and processes
- Understanding of resourcing software
- Strong ability to communicate confidently with team members of all levels
- Ability to manage freelance talent
- Strong Organisational skills, able to handle multiple moving tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong admin skills with attention to detail
- Willing to proactively learn & grow in the role
- Previous experience in studio administration, Raising PO and creating freelancer contracts
Your duties will be to:
- Attending and hosting the resource meeting for all clients to book new projects into the Studio.
- Managing the resource across Strategy, Creative, Design and Motion
- Booking in the entirety of projects and ensuring all the right resources are in place.
- Managing work around holidays and sickness.
- Working with the HOD’s to assist on casting
- Ensuring the teams’ skillsets are up to date.
- Running weekly resource meetings with the head of departments, updating them on upcoming jobs
- Escalating resourcing issues
- Weekly reporting
- Managing the talent for the studio including search, bookings and contracts.
- Flag any Freelance overspend
- Building a roster of freelancers for a variety of disciplines, adding to our supplier database
- Attending daily stand-ups and solving any issues that might arise.
- Liaising with Project Managers to ensure briefs are running on track.
- Understand how cost estimates are put together
In return, you’ll get:
- Waste shuts during the Christmas period ranging between 1 and 2 weeks with that time not being taken out of your regular holiday entitlement
- Early-finish/late start Fridays in August & February
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Regular team outings and social events
- Workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthdays off
- Volunteer days
- Access to Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)
- Flexible start times
- Group Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- A shiny new office, with a gaming area, plus regular events
Waste is a fan-first creative agency, specialising in the gaming industry. We put fans & communities at the heart of everything we do. Our clients range from mobile gaming giants like Supercell to companies like EA, Nintendo, Riot Games, Ubisoft, Sega, and Zynga. We excel in player acquisition and retention, community-focused content creation, and marketing campaigns across different mediums. Our global team of 85+ specialists covers a broad spectrum of services, from strategy & creative to production, with physical offices in London and Tokyo.
Our company is guided by 'The Waste Way'—our core values—and an entrepreneurial spirit. Our innovative approach has earned us over 100 awards and recognitions, like Art Director’s Club, Clio, D&AD, and The Webby Awards. In addition to our work, we produce our own craft beer, Waste Pale Ale, run an animation production company, This Thing of Ours, and support UK-based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.
The Waste Way
Our culture is built on four pillars:
- Be Brave: We seek innovative solutions and embrace diverse thinking.
- Own Your Shit: We value action and empower our team to make things happen.
- Make it Better: We continuously strive for improvement in our work, agency, and ourselves.
- Be Kind: We believe in teamwork—we win, lose, and learn together.
How Wasters embrace Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Us Wasters are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us diversity and inclusion are not just a tick-boxing activity, but a chance for us to make long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Your application has been submitted