Studio Manager (Fixed Term Contract, part-time)
London, United Kingdom
Location: London office & Remote working
Start date: 22nd Jan 2024 – 20th Dec 2024
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a friendly and dependable individual with excellent organisation skills, who can support our team of 65 with all Studio Management tasks, as well as assisting our HR Manager with HR tasks.
Working hours will be: 9am – 1pm, Monday – Friday.
Fixed-term contract: starting 22nd Jan 2024 and finishing 20th Dec 2024.
The successful applicant will have:
- Must have previous experience working in a Studio Management or HR Assistant role.
- An understanding of HR and finance administration and processes.
- Take initiative and work calmly under pressure.
- Confident demeanour, enthusiastic and friendly.
- Excellent time management skills and multitasking abilities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Highly organised.
- Friendly, approachable, and happy to help.
Your duties will be to:
- Daily check of sickness absences and updating HR system
- Onboarding new starters
- Offboarding leavers
- Setting up accounts on HR systems and keeping them up to date
- Maintaining perks and benefits admin
- Organising buddy scheme catch-ups
- Ordering birthday gifts for staff throughout the year
- Managing staff holiday requests
- Organising and logging staff reviews
- Update and maintain the staff handbook
- Booking training courses and maintain training budget
- Organising Wellbeing, Diversity & Inclusion Surveys and helping with analysis
- Managing sickness reports
- Conducting health & safety requirements for the team including completion of induction forms, desk assessments, homeworking self-assessments and supporting ongoing needs of employees
- Supporting with recruitment process including arranging interviews, filtering candidates, chasing feedback and arranging interviews.
- General HR support
- Daily filing of invoices for all transactions on the studio credit card and end of month credit card reconciliation.
- Arranging social events: team socials and Summer & Xmas party
- Travel bookings for client visits including all flights / hotels / transfers.
- Managing dedicated office inbox
- Organising couriers and taxis as required.
- Managing and updating asset inventory with costly purchases for office and remote workers.
- Ordering work equipment and liaising with the IT team to manage software accounts.
In return, you’ll get:
- Waste shuts during the Christmas period ranging between 1 and 2 weeks with that time not being taken out of your regular holiday entitlement
- Early-finish/late start Fridays in August & February
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Regular team outings and social events
- Workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthdays off
- Volunteer days
- Access to Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)
- Flexible start times
- Group Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- A shiny new office, with a gaming area, plus regular events
Waste is a fan-first creative agency, specialising in the gaming industry. We put fans & communities at the heart of everything we do. Our clients range from mobile gaming giants like Supercell to companies like EA, Nintendo, Riot Games, Ubisoft, Sega, and Zynga. We excel in player acquisition and retention, community-focused content creation, and marketing campaigns across different mediums. Our global team of 85+ specialists covers a broad spectrum of services, from strategy & creative to production, with physical offices in London and Tokyo.
Our company is guided by 'The Waste Way'—our core values—and an entrepreneurial spirit. Our innovative approach has earned us over 100 awards and recognitions, like Art Director’s Club, Clio, D&AD, and The Webby Awards. In addition to our work, we produce our own craft beer, Waste Pale Ale, run an animation production company, This Thing of Ours, and support UK-based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.
The Waste Way
Our culture is built on four pillars:
- Be Brave: We seek innovative solutions and embrace diverse thinking.
- Own Your Shit: We value action and empower our team to make things happen.
- Make it Better: We continuously strive for improvement in our work, agency, and ourselves.
- Be Kind: We believe in teamwork—we win, lose, and learn together.
How Wasters embrace Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Us Wasters are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us diversity and inclusion are not just a tick-boxing activity, but a chance for us to make long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Your application has been submitted