Creative Lead UA (12 Month FTC)
London, United Kingdom
Temporary to Full Time
We're looking for a talented, Lead creative with experience of creating UA video content. You’ll need to be great at short form storytelling, creating scripts and storyboarding your ideas ready for video production. You will have experience of overseeing video production, editing and motion graphics. You will be able to work quickly and handle multiple projects at any one time. Waste specialises in entertainment and gaming brands and this position is to work predominantly on gaming clients. So it’s vital that you are an active gamer, with a love of games and you love immersing yourself in the culture of games and gamers.
- Deliver multiple options against any brief you are asked to work on
- Taking into account all requirements of the brief e.g. strategy, budget, timings.
- Delivered on time, in a clear, presentable manner and mistake free
- Address any internal and external feedback till a final concept is signed off
- Lead the creative on specific jobs or accounts
- Develop a strong relationship with the other leads on the project/account - strategy, CS, production, etc.
- Develop a good working relationship with the relevant clients
- Develop a more holistic view on the project/account and how to ensure its success
- Start thinking proactively about new work that could be of interest to your clients
- Present work in a compelling way, whether in person or via zoom.
- Oversee production of the final asset from the agreed concept, ensuring that it is delivered to the required quality and mistake free.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the production process: Motion graphics, sound design, game capture etc.
- Develop a strong working relationship with key people in adjacent departments. E.g. Strategy, design, motion and have the ability to lead them as a team to deliver the work.
- Develop a detailed understanding of our key clients, their products, their fans and the work we do for them
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in advertising and marketing and the wider creative industry, with particular focus on gaming and entertainment
- Where applicable, line mange junior members of the department
- Help to inspire and motivate the rest of the department
The successful applicant will have:
- 8+ years of experience as a creative at an agency or in-house
- A solid portfolio, with examples of video content across a number of different media
- The ability to sell ideas, both in person and in a deck
- A love and understanding of games and gaming culture
- A good working knowledge of the main social channels
- This is a UK based role, with flexible working from home and in the office
In return, you’ll get:
- To work with one of the most innovative mobile gaming clients in the world
- Competitive salary
- The option to work between home and the office both now and long term.
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment.
- The opportunity to grow and take on line management
- To work on big game titles in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing world-class work
- Access to training and development at the directors and line managers discretion
- Waste shuts during the Christmas period ranging between 1 and 2 weeks with that time not being taken out of your regular holiday entitlement
- Early-finish/late start Fridays in August & February
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Regular team outings and social events
- Workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthdays off
- Volunteer days
- Access to Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)
- Flexible start times
- Group Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance effective from July 2023
- A shiny new office, with a gaming area, plus regular events and free breakfast on Tuesday
The Waste Way:
- Highly proactive in finding opportunities for client account growth
- Ability to proactively identify future challenges and risks on your accounts and plan for them
- Taking ownership of your accounts, setting the goals & plan in line with Waste’s business objectives & roadmap
- Being kind, supportive and constructive to your team, helping them coach and develop along their career paths
- Strong team player who’s able to bring teams together, motivating and exciting them to work on the client account
- Leading discussions internally & contributing your views
At Waste, we live by 4 key cultural pillars and expect ALL Waster’s to live up to these principles. This is what Waste was founded on:
Be Brave – We look for fresh ways to solve problems and encourage diversity of thought.
Own Your Shit - We value actions over words and empower Wasters to make things happen.
Make it Better – We’re always looking for ways to improve our work, agency and ourselves.
Be Kind – We’re a team. Win together, lose together, learn together.
How Wasters embrace Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Us Wasters are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us diversity and inclusion are not just a tick-boxing activity, but a chance for us to make long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Your application has been submitted