Junior Project Manager (12 Month FTC)
London, United Kingdom
Temporary to Full Time
A Junior Project Manager at Waste Creative is responsible for project managing and producing a wide range of projects across multiple disciplines and platforms. Reporting into a Senior or Lead Project Manager, they will work across several accounts, supporting Project Managers with the process, productivity and profit of the projects.
The Junior Project Manager primarily works on low-level projects up to $10k, but also supports Project Managers on mid-level projects from conception through to delivery.
They should have a good understanding of roles and capabilities across all departments and, with the support of Project Managers, will learn to identify specific skill sets required for each project. They are expected to have some experience working with large teams and experience working with smaller, more agile teams.
Our project managers are a likeable bunch and strive to keep project teams motivated - producing high-quality work is paramount. While our environment is collaborative and supportive, we thrive on candidates that are proactive, take accountability and really own their work. The ability to hit the ground running is a very desirable trait.
- Work alongside Creative and Production teams to ensure projects are produced to a high standard, delivered on time and within agreed budget
- Arrange briefings, plan, scope and quote low-level projects
- Assign operators, manage reviews, track costs and manage project progress
- Estimating, tracking and billing with Paprika
- Create reports for projects up to $10k
Quality Control & Risk Management
- Manage quality control process within assigned projects
- Proactively troubleshoot to prevent roadblocks for creative and production teams at every stage of project lifecycle
Resource Planning & Collaboration
- Develop an understanding of internal + external talents and their abilities
- With the support of Mid-Weight PMs, identify resource gaps and initiate resource searches with resource manager
- Liaise with third party vendors / freelancers where relevant
You must have:
- Minimum 2 years agency, production house or post-production experience, delivering a variety of projects
- An understanding of Creative, Design, Video, 2D, 3D and Sound roles, functions, capabilities and applications
- Basic technical understanding of various production software (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects, etc.)
- Experience budgeting, scoping and managing low-level projects
- Some experience managing Strategy & Creative time is a bonus
- A basic understanding of the shoot production process
- Understanding of encoding/transcoding, codecs, video formats, file types, frame rates, resolutions
- Fantastic communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced creative environment
- Ability to interact with co-workers effectively and appropriately at a variety of levels, across many disciplines
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to pick up challenging projects at any phase with enthusiasm
In return, you’ll get:
- To work with one of the most innovative mobile gaming clients in the world
- Competitive salary
- The option to work between home and the office both now and long term.
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment.
- The opportunity to grow and take on line management
- To work on big game titles in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- To work alongside extremely passionate people, producing world-class work
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment with training opportunities provided
- Waste shuts during the Christmas period ranging between 1 and 2 weeks with that time not being taken out of your regular holiday entitlement
- Early-finish/late start Fridays in August & February
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Regular team outings and social events
- Workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthdays off
- Volunteer days
- Access to Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)
- Flexible start times
- Group Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
Waste is an independent creative agency founded in 2006. We connect entertainment brands with their fans, to drive creativity, culture and commercial success. A virtuous circle we call ‘Brands powering fans, powering brands’.
Clients include the mobile gaming giant, Supercell (Clash of Clans, Brawl Stars). Our remit is player acquisition and retention, built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also work with the mighty Nintendo, creating TV, OOH and integrated marketing campaigns, for both hardware and software. Other notable clients include Riot Games (League of Legends), Ubisoft, Sega, Verizon Media and most recently Zynga.
In 2020 we were named both “The Drum Content Marketing” and “Digital Industries (DADI)“ Agency of the year. Globally we employ 70+ specialists covering strategy, creative, social, content, experiential, OOH, and TV. We have physical offices in London & LA, and work with brands around the world.
Our approach to everything is shaped by The Waste Way (our company values), and an entrepreneurial spirit. It’s seen us win 100+ awards, including Art Director’s Club, Awwwards, BIMA, D&AD, Clios, Design Week, The Drum, The FWA, Marketing Week Masters, and The Webby Awards. We brew our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale, a favourite with clients and partners. And we’ve recently started our own animation production company, This Thing of Ours. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.
The Waste Way
At Waste, we live by 4 key cultural pillars and expect ALL Waster’s to live up to these principles. This is what Waste was founded on:
Be Brave – We look for fresh ways to solve problems and encourage diversity of thought.
Own Your Shit - We value actions over words and empower Wasters to make things happen.
Make it Better – We’re always looking for ways to improve our work, agency and ourselves.
Be Kind – We’re a team. Win together, lose together, learn together.
How Wasters embrace Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Us Wasters are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us diversity and inclusion are not just a tick-boxing activity, but a chance for us to make long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Your application has been submitted