London, United Kingdom
The Account Director is responsible for running their client accounts and the ongoing progress towards the account’s goals. They’ll work closely with the Client Services Director in setting the direction for each client, and with the Account Management team in delivering them.
The Account Director may be dedicated to one larger account or work across several smaller accounts.
The focuses of the role include setting the direction & goals for the account, client satisfaction, client profitability and growth, as well as managing the AM team (including AEs, AMs and SAMs). (team size dependant)
- Have a deep understanding of the client’s business
- Work with strategy & creative leads to set the creative and strategic tone and goals for the account
- Send out the client satisfaction survey quarterly
- Educate the client on Waste processes and ways of working
- Get regular face-to-face feedback on the Waste team and work from the client, relaying this to the necessary team members and acting on it
- Where necessary develop action plans when clients are unsatisfied with Waste’s performance
- Ensure the client’s expectations are continually managed via timely, clear and regular communication
- Act as an escalation point for client concerns beyond PM/AM team members
Account profitability / Finance
- Signing off client cost estimates as agreed at kick off, & escalating larger estimates to CSD
- Running fortnightly project reconciliation meetings
- Oversight that all client projects are being billed on time, and are entered into revenue forecast sheet, with timely communication to Finance department, including confirming and chasing receipt of client POs
- Monitoring progress against revenue and profitability targets and reporting monthly to HOCS and founders
- Ongoing forecasting for client account revenue, alongside finance team
Account goal progress
- Work with the HOCS and the accounts teams on developing the client account plan for each account
- Enact and deliver on the client account plan goals
- Oversee the day-to-day running of the client account, ensuring it meets the standards agreed in the account plan
- Continually look for new work opportunities within the client, using your knowledge of the client to create project briefs
Day-to-day account direction
- Ensuring account presence in all client meetings / calls (SAM/AD/AM)
- Monitoring and advising on all the client communications on the account
- Escalating potential high-risk or damaging situations to the HOCS
- Attending the majority of client meetings and calls
- Acting as the point of contact for new briefs and the early stages of projects where necessary
- Acting as the point of contact for large scale / high visibility projects
- Attending all client wash-up sessions
- Writing creative briefs for mid-scale projects or delegating to team
- Signing off all briefs, & escalating larger project briefs to HOCS / strategy
- Attend check-ins on key client work, if agreed at project kick-off
- Sign-off on all key client work, before sending to client, if agreed at project kick-off
- Notifying the Resource Manager of any future large scale projects
The AM team
- Inducting new team members into client accounts
- Act as an escalation point for AM team members
- Manage appraisals for AM team members
- Run weekly team meetings
- Manage week-on-week team capacity & escalate issues to HOCS
- Mentor the AM members of the team
- Manage regular feedback loops with the team alongside HOCS
- Arrange regular one-to-ones with the team
- Ensure the AM team understand and deliver against their roles & responsibilities, alongside BD, from a client management perspective
Knowledge and skills:
- Minimum 2 year experience in an Account Director role, with a strong track record of building senior relationships and growing client accounts.
- Minimum 6 years proven creative agency experience, working with big brands and managing multiple clients or key stakeholders.
- Experience line-managing a team of Account Managers
- Experience with entertainment clients
- Ability to plan and strategise at a senior level
- A passion for client satisfaction, building relationships that will weather any storms, and making decisions that are client-first.
- Excellent industry knowledge and a thirst for keeping that knowledge ahead of the curve.
- The ability to lead proposals and presentations articulately, with incredible brand knowledge and amiability.
- An awareness and love for the financials and an understanding of how to positively present project scopes and proposals to the client.
- As well as the knowledge and experience to interrogate budgets, you’ll have a strong grasp on budget tracking, forecasting and how that fits into the overall picture.
- Enough confidence in your experience, knowledge and client relationships to overcome unforeseen challenges.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to bring all teams together to get the job done and keep the client informed.
- Experience working with your clients to come up with new ideas and ways to develop their digital communications
In return, you’ll get:
- To work with one of the most innovative mobile gaming clients in the world
- Competitive salary
- The option to work between home and the office both now and long term.
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment.
- The opportunity to grow and take on line management
- To work on big game titles in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing world-class work
- Access to training and development at the directors and line managers discretion
- Waste shuts during the Christmas period ranging between 1 and 2 weeks with that time not being taken out of your regular holiday entitlement
- Early-finish/late start Fridays in August & February
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Regular team outings and social events
- Workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthdays off
- Volunteer days
- Access to Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)
- Flexible start times
- Group Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
The Waste Way:
- Highly proactive in finding opportunities for client account growth
- Ability to proactively identify future challenges and risks on your accounts and plan for them
- Taking ownership of your accounts, setting the goals & plan in line with Waste’s business objectives & roadmap
- Being kind, supportive and constructive to your team, helping them coach and develop along their career paths
- Strong team player who’s able to bring teams together, motivating and exciting them to work on the client account
- Leading discussions internally & contributing your views
At Waste, we live by 4 key cultural pillars and expect ALL Waster’s to live up to these principles. This is what Waste was founded on:
Be Brave – We look for fresh ways to solve problems and encourage diversity of thought.
Own Your Shit - We value actions over words and empower Wasters to make things happen.
Make it Better – We’re always looking for ways to improve our work, agency and ourselves.
Be Kind – We’re a team. Win together, lose together, learn together.
How Wasters embrace Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Us Wasters are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us diversity and inclusion are not just a tick-boxing activity, but a chance for us to make long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Your application has been submitted