Mid Weight Account Manager
London, United Kingdom
An Account Manager at Waste is responsible for the day-to-day running of client accounts. This may involve running one single account, working with other AMs on a larger client account, or working across several smaller accounts.
The role is to ensure client satisfaction with Waste’s activities, strengthening client relationships and seeking out opportunities to grow the account and deliver on the wider account plans, as set by the Account Director.
The Account Manager will act as the client point of contact for all day-to-day tasks on the account, attending client meetings, taking small-to-mid sized briefs, and keeping internal teams updated on the latest developments across the client account.
A key part of the role is building strong relationships with the client and developing a deep understanding of the client, their product, and the wider industry in order to be able to best support their needs. This should help the Account Manager seek out opportunities for new projects where Waste can assist the client in achieving their objectives.
- Acting as the day-to-day point of contact for client comms
- Ensuring the client is up to date with the status of all projects
- Attending all client status meetings / calls
- Attending all client briefing meetings / calls
- Sending over related articles of interest to the client
Day-to-day account management
- Ensuring you have a deep understanding of the client’s business
- Attending client stand-up
- Attending account reconciliation meetings
- Attending internal account meetings and work check-ins
- Work with the project manager to produce SoW’s
Delivery against client goals
- Producing low to mid level client cost estimates with PM & escalating larger estimates to AD
- Attend project reconciliation meetings & work with PM on project recs
- Monitoring progress against revenue and profitability targets and reporting monthly to the AD
- Ensuring account presence in all client meetings / calls (BD/AD/AM)
- Monitoring and advising on all the client communications on the account
- Escalating potential high-risk or damaging situations to the AD
- Attending all client meetings and calls
- Acting as the point of contact for all new briefs and the early stages of projects where necessary - as agreed with the AD
- Attending all client wash-up sessions
- Writing creative briefs for mid-scale projects when delegated by the AD and low scale projects (TBD with PM)
- Having all client briefs signed off by the AD
- Attend check-ins on all client work
- Seek sign off from AD on all client work, before sending to client, if agreed at project kick-off
- Taking notes in client meetings and circulating to the appropriate people
Knowledge and skills:
- Minimum 3 years proven creative agency experience, working with big brands and managing multiple clients or key stakeholders.
- Experience with entertainment clients
- Excellent industry knowledge and a thirst for keeping that knowledge ahead of the curve.
- A passion for client satisfaction, building relationships that will weather any storms, and making decisions that are client-first.
- The ability to lead proposals and presentations articulately, with incredible brand knowledge and amiability.
- An awareness and love for the financials and an understanding of how to positively present project scopes and proposals to the client.
- As well as the knowledge and experience to interrogate budgets, you’ll have a strong grasp on budget tracking, forecasting and how that fits into the overall picture.
- Enough confidence in your experience, knowledge and client relationships to overcome unforeseen challenges.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to bring all teams together to get the job done and keep the client informed.
- Experience working with your clients to come up with new ideas and ways to develop their digital communications
- Exposure to, and understanding of, the project management process
In return, you’ll get:
- To work with one of the most innovative mobile gaming clients in the world
- Competitive salary
- The option to work between home and the office both now and long term.
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment.
- The opportunity to grow and take on line management
- To work on big game titles in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing world-class work
- Access to training and development at the directors and line managers discretion
- Waste shuts during the Christmas period ranging between 1 and 2 weeks with that time not being taken out of your regular holiday entitlement
- Early-finish/late start Fridays in August & February
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Regular team outings and social events
- Workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthdays off
- Volunteer days
- Access to Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)
- Flexible start times
- Group Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
The Waste Way:
- Highly proactive - you will need to own the accounts you're leading and need to make sure that the client’s expectations are managed, understood, and communicated with the wider team.
- Be an approachable and friendly person, keen to collaborate, share knowledge and help others within the team
- Proactively seeking out ways to support the team (client services & the wider team)
- Taking ownership of your account and your tasks
- Seeking out opportunities to develop your skills
- Contributing to team discussions and giving your input
- Actively looking to bring the team together to collaborate
- Proactively communicating updates and keeping everyone in the loop
At Waste, we live by 4 key cultural pillars and expect ALL Waster’s to live up to these principles. This is what Waste was founded on:
Be Brave – We look for fresh ways to solve problems and encourage diversity of thought.
Own Your Shit - We value actions over words and empower Wasters to make things happen.
Make it Better – We’re always looking for ways to improve our work, agency and ourselves.
Be Kind – We’re a team. Win together, lose together, learn together.
How Wasters embrace Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Us Wasters are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us diversity and inclusion are not just a tick-boxing activity, but a chance for us to make long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Your application has been submitted