Mid Weight Strategist
London, United Kingdom
Waste is looking for a passionate and ambitious Strategist to join their award-winning team. Working with a client roster that includes Riot, Supercell, Zynga, Epic, Sega and CCP, plus a bursting new business pipeline, you’ll be totally immersed in world class game marketing at the highest level.
- As a Midweight Strategist, you will play a key role in the strategy team, from independently leading smaller scale projects to collaborating on bigger thinking briefs. You’ll be involved in a wide range of projects all the way from Brand Strategy to crafting content calendars.
- Conducting research across consumer, category, company and culture to find exciting and actionable insights.
- Defining vivid target segments based on real insights
- Developing distinctive positioning ideas that connect with future fans
- Writing brilliant briefs and running brilliant briefings that inspire creative teams
- Developing Brand Strategies, Campaign Strategies and Social/Community Strategies with the support of the wider team
- Developing comms and content plans/calendars
- Writing campaign/community reports and presenting them to clients
- Working with the Strategy team and Client Services to proactively spot new opportunities for clients
- Supporting on new business briefs and pitches
Our future hire:
- Is innately curious about gaming, gamers and why humans play games.
- Is a wonderful mix of creativity, exuberance and professionalism. (i.e. A Waster!)
- Loves marketing. The perspiration, the inspiration, and everything in between.
- Loves research. From using tools to judicious Googling to running focus groups.
- Loves rolling their sleeves up to find the little details that make all the difference.
- Knows how to delegate to Junior Strategists and help them work effectively.
- Knows how to get the most out of busy Senior and Lead Strategists.
- Is proactive, self-reliant and knows how to manage their time and tasks effectively.
- Takes responsibility for their projects and strives for true excellence.
- Knows to share early, share often and take feedback from their peers.
- Cares about making effective work and knows how to inspire creatives to do the same.
- Wants to flourish in an agency doing effective and exciting work.
- 3-5 years in Strategy with at least one year at a midweight level.
- Strong experience researching consumer, category, company and culture to find exciting and actionable insights.
- Solid experience defining Brand Strategy, Campaign Strategy and Social/Community Strategy.
- Solid comms and content planning experience.
- Strong experience writing briefs and delivering briefings.
- Strong experience writing campaign/community reports and presenting them to clients.
- Great record of building trust and rapport with internal teams and clients.
- Hands on with entertainment (preferably gaming) brands.
- We’ll give you all the tools and support you need to succeed as a Strategist.
- We’ll ensure you collaborate with and learn from everyone in the team, from our award winning Head of Strategy to our amazing Junior Strategist
- We’ll work with you tailor a personal development plan that helps you thrive in game marketing
- We’ll manage your workload and timelines so that you feel excited about your work, not drained
- We’ll listen to your ideas so that you become part of the ever evolving shape of the Waste strategy team and the agency itself
In return, you’ll get:
- To work with one of the most innovative mobile gaming clients in the world
- Competitive salary
- The option to work between home and the office both now and long term.
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment.
- The opportunity to grow and take on line management
- To work on big game titles in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing world-class work
- Access to training and development at the directors and line managers discretion
- Waste shuts during the Christmas period ranging between 1 and 2 weeks with that time not being taken out of your regular holiday entitlement
- Early-finish/late start Fridays in August & February
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Regular team outings and social events
- Workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthdays off
- Volunteer days
- Access to Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)
- Flexible start times
- Group Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
Waste is an independent creative agency founded in 2006. We connect entertainment brands with their fans, to drive creativity, culture and commercial success. A virtuous circle we call ‘Brands powering fans, powering brands’.
Clients include the mobile gaming giant, Supercell (Clash of Clans, Brawl Stars). Our remit is player acquisition and retention, built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also work with the mighty Nintendo, creating TV, OOH and integrated marketing campaigns, for both hardware and software. Other notable clients include Riot Games (League of Legends), Ubisoft, Sega, Verizon Media and most recently Zynga.
In 2020 we were named both “The Drum Content Marketing” and “Digital Industries (DADI)“ Agency of the year. Globally we employ 70+ specialists covering strategy, creative, social, content, experiential, OOH, and TV. We have physical offices in London & LA, and work with brands around the world.
Our approach to everything is shaped by The Waste Way (our company values), and an entrepreneurial spirit. It’s seen us win 100+ awards, including Art Director’s Club, Awwwards, BIMA, D&AD, Clios, Design Week, The Drum, The FWA, Marketing Week Masters, and The Webby Awards. We brew our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale, a favourite with clients and partners. And we’ve recently started our own animation production company, This Thing of Ours. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.
The Waste Way
At Waste, we live by 4 key cultural pillars and expect ALL Waster’s to live up to these principles. This is what Waste was founded on:
Be Brave – We look for fresh ways to solve problems and encourage diversity of thought.
Own Your Shit - We value actions over words and empower Wasters to make things happen.
Make it Better – We’re always looking for ways to improve our work, agency and ourselves.
Be Kind – We’re a team. Win together, lose together, learn together.
How Wasters embrace Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Us Wasters are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us diversity and inclusion are not just a tick-boxing activity, but a chance for us to make long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Your application has been submitted