London, United Kingdom
What we’re looking for:
The Account Manager will be the dedicated account lead for key brand clients, owning client communication, satisfaction and growth.
Day to day you’ll be working closely with the project management, strategy and creative teams to ensure the client is represented, opportunities are acted upon, and work is consistently delivered on time, on brief, on brand and on budget.
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum 5 years proven creative agency experience, working with big brands and managing multiple clients or key stakeholders.
- Experience with gaming clients and/or passionate about games, mobile games is a bonus.
- A passion for client satisfaction, building relationships that will weather any storms, and making decisions that are client-first.
- Highly proactive - you will need to own the accounts you're leading and need to make sure that the client’s expectations are managed, understood, and communicated with the wider team.
- The ability to lead proposals and presentations articulately, with incredible brand knowledge and amiability.
- Excellent industry knowledge and a thirst for keeping that knowledge ahead of the curve.
- An awareness and love for the financials and an understanding of how to positively present project scopes and proposals to the client.
- As well as the knowledge and experience to interrogate budgets, you’ll have a strong grasp on budget tracking, forecasting and how that fits into the overall picture.
- Enough confidence in your experience, knowledge and client relationships to overcome unforeseen challenges.
- Meticulous communication skills with the ability to bring all teams together to get the job done and keep the client informed.
- Experience working with your clients to come up with new ideas and ways to develop their digital communications
- Exposure to, and understanding of, the project management process
- UK based
Your duties will be to:
Reporting directly to the AD and with support from the PM team you will:
- Acting as the day-to-day point of contact for client comms on selected games
- Ensuring the client is up to date with the status of all projects
- Positively challenge the client, and be willing to engage in complex gaming discussions such is your passion for the industry
Day-to-day account management
- Ensuring you have a deep understanding of the client’s business
- Help to produce account planning documentation, and work towards the aims of the account with the AD’s support.
- Attend client stand-up, account reconciliation, internal account meetings and work check-ins
- Work with the project manager to produce details SoW’s
Delivery against client goals
- Assessing client cost estimates for all projects & escalating larger estimates to AD
- Attend finance reconciliation meetings
- Ensure that all client projects are being billed on time, and are accounted for in weekly finance meetings, with timely communication to the AD
- Monitoring progress against revenue and profitability targets and reporting regularly to the AD
- Ensuring account presence in all client meetings / calls
- Monitoring and advising on all the client communications on the account
- Escalating potential high-risk or damaging situations to the AD
- Attending all client meetings and calls
- Acting as the point of contact for all new briefs and the early stages of projects where necessary - as agreed with the AD
- Attending all client wash-up sessions
- Writing briefs for projects
In return you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment.
- To work on big game titles in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing world-class work
- Early-finish Fridays in August & February
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthdays off
- Volunteer days
- Access to Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)
- Flexible start times
- Group Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
Waste is a fan-first creative agency founded in 2006. We connect entertainment brands with their fans, to drive creativity, culture and commercial success. A virtuous circle we call ‘Brands powering fans, powering brands’.
Our clients include the mobile gaming giant, Supercell (Clash of Clans, Brawl Stars) for whom we oversee player acquisition and retention, built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also work with the mighty Nintendo, creating TV, OOH and integrated marketing campaigns, for both hardware and software. Other notable clients include Riot Games (League of Legends), Warner Brothers Games, Sega, Verizon Media and Zynga.
We recently became part of the Keywords family, an international technical and creative services provider to the entertainment industry. We employ 75+ wasters globally, covering strategy, creative, social, content, experiential, OOH, and TV. Our HQ is in London, and we work with brands around the world.
Our approach to everything is shaped by The Waste Way (our company values), and an entrepreneurial spirit. It’s seen us win 100+ awards, including being named Content Marketing Agency and Digital Industries (DADI) Agency of the Year by The Drum, and we now rank 10th in The Drum’s World Creative Rankings of the UK’s most awarded agencies. We’re one of Campaign’s Best Places to Work 2021 and one of the UK’s 100 Best Small Companies to Work For, as accredited by Best Companies. Our work has won us awards from shows including Art Directors Club, BIMA, D&AD, Clio, Design Week, The Drum, Marketing Week Masters, and The Webby Awards.
We brew our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale, a favourite with clients and fans. A couple of years ago, we started our own animation production company, This Thing of Ours, which has since won a D&AD Graphite Pencil and Motionographer Award amongst others. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.
The Waste Way
At Waste, we live by 4 key cultural pillars and expect ALL Waster’s to live up to these principles. This is what Waste was founded on:
- Be Brave – We look for fresh ways to solve problems and encourage diversity of thought.
- Own Your Shit - We value actions over words and empower Wasters to make things happen.
- Make it Better – We’re always looking for ways to improve our work, agency and ourselves.
- Be Kind – We’re a team. Win together, lose together, learn together.
How Wasters embrace Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Us Wasters are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us diversity and inclusion are not just a tick-boxing activity, but a chance for us to make long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Your application has been submitted