London, United Kingdom
What we’re looking for:
Waste are looking for an experienced social & digital data strategist to join their strategy team. The successful candidate will help lead the effective measurement & analysis of social & digital data for some of the biggest gaming and entertainment clients in the world.
You’ll balance excellent technical skills with an eye for an insight, and an ability to work collaboratively with creative strategists to deliver insightful reports, content performance insights, campaign performance insights and deep customer understanding. And whilst a passion for gaming and entertainment marketing isn’t a must, it certainly won’t hurt!
The successful applicant will have:
- Setup & maintenance of social listening & monitoring tools (esp. Netbase & Brandwatch)
- Working with data API tools (e.g. Supermetrics, Funnel.io)
- Native channel analytics (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tik Tok, Twitch, Discord, Steam)
- Web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe)
- Setting up dashboards that deliver rich insight & are easy to use using data vis tools like Google Data Studio, Tableau, Power BI, Looker
- Advanced Excel and Google Sheets
- Use of specialist tools (e.g. Quantic Foundry, Newzoo, Game Refinery, App Annie)
- Secondary data gathering (e.g. YouGov, GWI, Google Trends)
- Setting up tracking for paid and organic content, often in tandem with Dev/Media teams
- Ability to interpret and summarise client data
- Confidence to measure what matters and avoid data dumps
- Ability to spot patterns and opportunities within data
- Clear & concise writing style
- Data visualisation that simplifies the complex (e.g. charts & tables that tell a clear story)
- Paid media covering native, display, search
- Bonus skill = SEO experience including keyword research tools
- UK based
Your duties will be to:
- Setting up and maintaining social listening & monitoring dashboards
- Helping deliver monthly, quarterly & annual reports full of insight & clear recommendations
- Setting KPIs, establishing benchmarks, targets & forecasts for organic & paid performance
- Assisting in the creation of content & campaign strategies tied to clear customer segments
- Helping drive increasingly effective creative with data-driven insights
- Writing Post Campaign Analysis (PCA) documents
- Parsing client data
- Assisting in new business pitches
- Training team members on all things data & delegating to junior strategists
In return you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment.
- To work on big game titles in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing world-class work
- Early-finish Fridays in August & February
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthdays off
- Volunteer days
- Access to Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)
- Flexible start times
- Group Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
Waste is a fan-first creative agency founded in 2006. We connect entertainment brands with their fans, to drive creativity, culture and commercial success. A virtuous circle we call ‘Brands powering fans, powering brands’.
Our clients include the mobile gaming giant, Supercell (Clash of Clans, Brawl Stars) for whom we oversee player acquisition and retention, built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also work with the mighty Nintendo, creating TV, OOH and integrated marketing campaigns, for both hardware and software. Other notable clients include Riot Games (League of Legends), Warner Brothers Games, Sega, Verizon Media and Zynga.
We recently became part of the Keywords family, an international technical and creative services provider to the entertainment industry. We employ 75+ wasters globally, covering strategy, creative, social, content, experiential, OOH, and TV. Our HQ is in London, and we work with brands around the world.
Our approach to everything is shaped by The Waste Way (our company values), and an entrepreneurial spirit. It’s seen us win 100+ awards, including being named Content Marketing Agency and Digital Industries (DADI) Agency of the Year by The Drum, and we now rank 10th in The Drum’s World Creative Rankings of the UK’s most awarded agencies. We’re one of Campaign’s Best Places to Work 2021 and one of the UK’s 100 Best Small Companies to Work For, as accredited by Best Companies. Our work has won us awards from shows including Art Directors Club, BIMA, D&AD, Clio, Design Week, The Drum, Marketing Week Masters, and The Webby Awards.
We brew our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale, a favourite with clients and fans. A couple of years ago, we started our own animation production company, This Thing of Ours, which has since won a D&AD Graphite Pencil and Motionographer Award amongst others. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.
The Waste Way
At Waste, we live by 4 key cultural pillars and expect ALL Waster’s to live up to these principles. This is what Waste was founded on:
- Be Brave – We look for fresh ways to solve problems and encourage diversity of thought.
- Own Your Shit - We value actions over words and empower Wasters to make things happen.
- Make it Better – We’re always looking for ways to improve our work, agency and ourselves.
- Be Kind – We’re a team. Win together, lose together, learn together.
How Wasters embrace Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Us Wasters are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us diversity and inclusion are not just a tick-boxing activity, but a chance for us to make long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Your application has been submitted