London, United Kingdom
Start date: ASAP
What we’re looking for:
The dedicated Supercell Senior Producer will work report directly into the Head of Production and work alongside two other Supercell Senior Project Manager’s, as well as a team of three mid-level Supercell Project Managers. They will lead project management for key game brand clients across Supercell’s portfolio, owning the process, productivity and profit of the projects.
Waste has been working with Supercell for over 6 years - during that time we have seen immense growth. From this growth, a dedicated client services and delivery team has grown, producing game-related content for many of Supercell’s games. The content sits in the apps as well as on social and gains exposure to millions of Supercell’s loyal gaming community.
The Senior Producer for Supercell primarily works on high-level projects, but also oversees and mentors Mid-Level Project Managers for low to mid-level projects, guiding them with planning, scoping, costing, producing and delivery. They champion revenue protection, team satisfaction and client satisfaction, and safeguard the delivery process.
Our project managers are a likeable bunch and strive to keep production teams motivated - producing high-quality work is paramount. While our environment is collaborative and supportive, we thrive on candidates that are proactive, take accountability and really own their work. The ability to hit the ground running is a very desirable trait.
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum 7 years proven creative agency experience, working with big brands and delivering multiple projects with a strong focus on digital and social content production
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Senior Producer role
- A passion for best practice, client satisfaction, and consistency of process and service across projects, big or small
- High-level understanding of Creative, Design, Video, 2D, 3D and Sound roles, functions, capabilities and applications
- Technical understanding of various production software (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Maya, Blender, Octane, etc.)
- Experience budgeting, scoping, supervising and reconciling high-level projects
- Experience developing project workflows across digital, social, video, 2D and 3D
Experience guiding clients through complex production deliverables and be able to communicate problems and solutions clearly
- Experience or a willingness to mentor more junior team members of the project management team, managing their capacity and encouraging growth and improvement
- Experience managing Creative time
- Experience managing the full project life cycle (including strategy and creative conception)
- An understanding of the shoot production process
- Understanding of encoding/transcoding, codecs, video formats, file types, frame rates, resolutions
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced creative environment
- Ability to interact with co-workers effectively and appropriately at a variety of levels, across many disciplines
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to pick up challenging projects at any phase, at lightning speed and with enthusiasm
- A keen eye for quality control
- Highly proactive - you will need to own the projects you’re managing and brands you’re leading alongside your account lead, and need to make sure that both our client and our internal teams are all well informed about their responsibilities, deadlines and deliverables from kick-off
- UK based
Your duties will be to:
- Work alongside Creative and Production teams to ensure projects are produced to a high standard, delivered on time and within agreed budget
- Arrange briefings, plan, scope and quote high-level projects
- Assign operators, lead reviews, track costs and manage project progress
- Sign off SoW for low-mid level projects
- Lead conception feasibility check-ins
- Advise on production solutions across all disciplines for high-level projects
- Lead project wash-ups
- Support Head of Production with strategic planning for dept.
- Onboarding new team members
- Manage junior and mid-level PMs incl. oversight on low-mid level projects
- Mentor junior and mid-level PMs, offering guidance for planning, scoping, costing, producing and delivering
- Act as escalation point with further escalation to HoP if required
- Own profitability in relation to Production & Delivery – monitor burn rate, manage margins, report and conduct wash-ups
- Estimating, tracking and billing with Paprika
- Sign off cost estimates for Delivery Team up to a certain threshold, above which will be signed off by HoP
Quality Control & Risk Management
- Own Quality Assurance process and check-ins
- Tailor assumptions for every project type
- Prepare risk management for all projects – risk planning, contingencies and implementation frameworks
- Proactively troubleshoot to prevent roadblocks for creative and production teams at every stage of project lifecycle
Resource Planning & Collaboration
- Nurture relationships with internal stakeholders and clients
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of internal + external talents and their abilities
- Conduct Stand-Up meetings twice a week
- Liaise and lead third party vendors / freelancers where relevant
In return you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment.
- To work on big game titles in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing world-class work
- Early-finish Fridays in August & February
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthdays off
- Volunteer days
- Access to Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)
- Flexible start times
- Group Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
Waste is a fan-first creative agency founded in 2006. We connect entertainment brands with their fans, to drive creativity, culture and commercial success. A virtuous circle we call ‘Brands powering fans, powering brands’.
Our clients include the mobile gaming giant, Supercell (Clash of Clans, Brawl Stars) for whom we oversee player acquisition and retention, built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also work with the mighty Nintendo, creating TV, OOH and integrated marketing campaigns, for both hardware and software. Other notable clients include Riot Games (League of Legends), Warner Brothers Games, Sega, Verizon Media and Zynga.
We recently became part of the Keywords family, an international technical and creative services provider to the entertainment industry. We employ 75+ wasters globally, covering strategy, creative, social, content, experiential, OOH, and TV. Our HQ is in London, and we work with brands around the world.
Our approach to everything is shaped by The Waste Way (our company values), and an entrepreneurial spirit. It’s seen us win 100+ awards, including being named Content Marketing Agency and Digital Industries (DADI) Agency of the Year by The Drum, and we now rank 10th in The Drum’s World Creative Rankings of the UK’s most awarded agencies. We’re one of Campaign’s Best Places to Work 2021 and one of the UK’s 100 Best Small Companies to Work For, as accredited by Best Companies. Our work has won us awards from shows including Art Directors Club, BIMA, D&AD, Clio, Design Week, The Drum, Marketing Week Masters, and The Webby Awards.
We brew our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale, a favourite with clients and fans. A couple of years ago, we started our own animation production company, This Thing of Ours, which has since won a D&AD Graphite Pencil and Motionographer Award amongst others. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.
The Waste Way
At Waste, we live by 4 key cultural pillars and expect ALL Waster’s to live up to these principles. This is what Waste was founded on:
- Be Brave – We look for fresh ways to solve problems and encourage diversity of thought.
- Own Your Shit - We value actions over words and empower Wasters to make things happen.
- Make it Better – We’re always looking for ways to improve our work, agency and ourselves.
- Be Kind – We’re a team. Win together, lose together, learn together.
How Wasters embrace Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Us Wasters are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us diversity and inclusion are not just a tick-boxing activity, but a chance for us to make long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Your application has been submitted