London, United Kingdom
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a proactive, friendly, and expert Account Director to join the team. The successful candidate will work alongside the Business Director and the rest of the Client Services team to support day-to-day delivery, set and deliver against the objectives for their accounts, and find opportunities for growth. We’re looking for someone who loves autonomy, ownership and building long-term relationships, to partner with our clients to make exceptional work.
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum 2 years experience in an Account Director role within an agency, with a strong track record of building senior relationships and growing client accounts.
- Experience working with gaming or entertainment brands.
- Track record of forging strong senior client relationships that led to revenue growth and client retention
- Minimum 5 years proven creative agency experience, working with big brands and managing multiple clients or key stakeholders.
- Experience in line management of junior team members
- An impressive knowledge of, and passion for, all things marketing & entertainment
- The ability to plan and strategise at a senior level
- A persuasive and confident approach to creative projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective team management capabilities
- A keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints
- Full awareness of creative processes and techniques – including digital platforms
- London based
Your duties will be to:
- Own the day-to-day client relationships, acting as a senior point of contact, whilst overseeing and co-ordinating the internal team
- Lead on long-term customer satisfaction, retention & growth through oversight of all activity on the account
- Work with the Business Director, to develop an account plan with clear goals & targets
- Lead on the delivery of the account plan goals
- Manage the finances on the accounts, including oversight of forecasting & billing, as well as ensuring ongoing client profitability
- Have a deep understanding of the client’s business, product & industry
- Understand the client’s challenges and opportunities, keeping in touch with competitors’ & their marketing activity
- Manage and support members of the Client Services team, setting their objectives and coaching them to develop & succeed
- Take briefs from the client and produce internal briefs, overseeing the concept development process and acting as an escalation point for both the client and the team
- Attend status meetings with the client and other agencies
- Present our work to client alongside members of the strategy & creative team
- Manage and foster relationships with partner agencies
- Supporting on new business / pitching
- Work very closely with AM/PM teams to ensure all the work we deliver is of the highest quality and on time/to budget, with oversight over the production process
In return you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment.
- To work on big game titles in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing world-class work
- Early-finish Fridays in August & February
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthdays off
- Volunteer days
- Access to Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)
- Flexible start times
Waste is an independent creative agency founded in 2006. We connect entertainment brands with their fans, to drive creativity, culture and commercial success. A virtuous circle we call ‘Brands powering fans, powering brands’.
Clients include the mobile gaming giant, Supercell (Clash of Clans, Brawl Stars). Our remit is player acquisition and retention, built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also work with the mighty Nintendo, creating TV, OOH and integrated marketing campaigns, for both hardware and software. Other notable clients include Riot Games (League of Legends), Ubisoft, Sega, Verizon Media and most recently Zynga.
In 2020 we were named both “The Drum Content Marketing” and “Digital Industries (DADI)“ Agency of the year. Globally we employ 70+ specialists covering strategy, creative, social, content, experiential, OOH, and TV. We have physical offices in London & LA, and work with brands around the world.
Our approach to everything is shaped by The Waste Way (our company values), and an entrepreneurial spirit. It’s seen us win 100+ awards, including Art Director’s Club, Awwwards, BIMA, D&AD, Clios, Design Week, The Drum, The FWA, Marketing Week Masters, and The Webby Awards. We brew our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale, a favourite with clients and partners. And we’ve recently started our own animation production company, This Thing of Ours. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.
The Waste Way
At Waste, we live by 4 key cultural pillars and expect ALL Waster’s to live up to these principles. This is what Waste was founded on:
- Be Brave – We look for fresh ways to solve problems and encourage diversity of thought.
- Own Your Shit - We value actions over words and empower Wasters to make things happen.
- Make it Better – We’re always looking for ways to improve our work, agency and ourselves.
- Be Kind – We’re a team. Win together, lose together, learn together.
How Wasters embrace Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Us Wasters are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us diversity and inclusion are not just a tick-boxing activity, but a chance for us to make long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Your application has been submitted