Junior Motion Graphics Designer
London, United Kingdom
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a Junior Motion Graphics Designer to join our award-winning team of digital natives and analogue enthusiasts in our Farringdon offices.
Our awesome client list and fast growth is driven by a culture of no-waffle and a strong creative focus. The successful applicant will need to be able to perform against those values, and hit the ground running without heavy handholding.
The successful applicant will have:
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially After Effects and Premiere, as well as experience in Illustrator and Photoshop 3D software a bonus
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Technical experience with AE plugin software
- Technical experience with character animation
- Technical experience with AE camera
- Methodical approach to work and well organised
- Passionate about new animation trends
- Interest in gaming and willing to work primarily on a gaming client
- Degree in Animation or Motion Design, or similar
- Must be UK based
Your duties will be to:
- Working closely with Creatives/Art Directors on projects to bring to life storyboards
- Support all day-to-day motion graphics and animation tasks
- Working with our Game Capture team
- Knowledge and ability to collect files, once a project is approved to deliver to the client
- Organising After effects files to easily navigate for the translation team
- Some technical experience with character animation, frame by frame or puppet
- AE compositing
- Knowledge of some Adobe programs suite (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, premier)
In return you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment.
- To work on big game titles in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing world-class work
- Early-finish Fridays in August & February
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthdays off
- Volunteer days
- Access to Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)
- Flexible start times
Waste is an independent creative agency founded in 2006. We connect entertainment brands with their fans, to drive creativity, culture and commercial success. A virtuous circle we call ‘Brands powering fans, powering brands’.
Clients include the mobile gaming giant, Supercell (Clash of Clans, Brawl Stars). Our remit is player acquisition and retention, built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also work with the mighty Nintendo, creating TV, OOH and integrated marketing campaigns, for both hardware and software. Other notable clients include Riot Games (League of Legends), Ubisoft, Sega, Verizon Media and most recently Zynga.
In 2020 we were named both “The Drum Content Marketing” and “Digital Industries (DADI)“ Agency of the year. Globally we employ 70+ specialists covering strategy, creative, social, content, experiential, OOH, and TV. We have physical offices in London & LA, and work with brands around the world.
Our approach to everything is shaped by The Waste Way (our company values), and an entrepreneurial spirit. It’s seen us win 100+ awards, including Art Director’s Club, Awwwards, BIMA, D&AD, Clios, Design Week, The Drum, The FWA, Marketing Week Masters, and The Webby Awards. We brew our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale, a favourite with clients and partners. And we’ve recently started our own animation production company, This Thing of Ours. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.
The Waste Way
At Waste, we live by 4 key cultural pillars and expect ALL Waster’s to live up to these principles. This is what Waste was founded on:
- Be Brave – We look for fresh ways to solve problems and encourage diversity of thought.
- Own Your Shit - We value actions over words and empower Wasters to make things happen.
- Make it Better – We’re always looking for ways to improve our work, agency and ourselves.
- Be Kind – We’re a team. Win together, lose together, learn together.
How Wasters embrace Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Us Wasters are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us diversity and inclusion are not just a tick-boxing activity, but a chance for us to make long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Your application has been submitted