London, United Kingdom
What we’re looking for:
Waste is looking for an experienced Strategist with the curiosity to unearth fan-insights and the skills to translate them into brilliant brand, campaign and social strategies.
A passionate professional with a strong grasp of entertainment marketing’s changing culture, you’ll get to work on existing global entertainment clients, new business pitches, and our many internal initiatives & larks.
Joining an award-winning team of Data & Creative Strategists, you’ll balance hands-on ownership of your own projects with delegation, cross-collaboration and mentorship within the department.
The successful applicant will have:
- 3 to 5 years in a midweight or senior Strategy position
- Experience of the entertainment market, particularly gaming
- Campaign planning & community/social strategy a must
- Brand planning & architecture a bonus
- Planning & measuring owned, earned & paid media
- Leading projects, fostering strong client trust & pushing for creative bravery
- Managing & mentoring Junior or Midweight Strategists
Skills & Knowledge:
- Decisive & autonomous when armed with clear goals & guardrails
- Expert with social listening & social management tools
- Able to run a fun focus group or engaging 1:1 interview
- Able to put together a simple and fun survey
- Able to turn data & trends into compelling insights
- Great at writing and presenting clear and convincing strategy stories
- Able to deliver clear thinking in tight timeframes with moving pieces
- Able to plan campaigns alongside creative and media departments
- Loved by Creatives for being single-minded but open
- Loved by Clients for helping them create innovative & effective work
Your duties will be to:
- Client briefings & workshops
- Researching audiences and creating vivid & directive segments
- Conducting category, competitor & cultural audits to unearth useful insights
- Defining strategic direction, writing brilliant briefs & conducting brilliant briefings
- Comms planning & frameworks for launches, campaigns & always-on
- Analysing micro & macro trends and reporting learnings to client & agency
- Delegating to Jrs/Midweights & helping them learn on the job, with line management duties
- Leading strategy on selected new business pitches
- Helping further develop our fan-first Strategy department
- Opportunities for media thought-pieces, press & event appearances
In return you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment.
- To work on big game titles in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing world-class work
- Early-finish Fridays in August & February
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthdays off
- Volunteer days
- Access to Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)
- Flexible start times
Waste is an independent creative agency founded in 2006. We connect entertainment brands with their fans, to drive creativity, culture and commercial success. A virtuous circle we call ‘Brands powering fans, powering brands’.
Clients include the mobile gaming giant, Supercell (Clash of Clans, Brawl Stars). Our remit is player acquisition and retention, built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also work with the mighty Nintendo, creating TV, OOH and integrated marketing campaigns, for both hardware and software. Other notable clients include Riot Games (League of Legends), Ubisoft, Sega, Verizon Media and most recently Zynga.
In 2020 we were named both “The Drum Content Marketing” and “Digital Industries (DADI)“ Agency of the year. Globally we employ 70+ specialists covering strategy, creative, social, content, experiential, OOH, and TV. We have physical offices in London & LA, and work with brands around the world.
Our approach to everything is shaped by The Waste Way (our company values), and an entrepreneurial spirit. It’s seen us win 100+ awards, including Art Director’s Club, Awwwards, BIMA, D&AD, Clios, Design Week, The Drum, The FWA, Marketing Week Masters, and The Webby Awards. We brew our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale, a favourite with clients and partners. And we’ve recently started our own animation production company, This Thing of Ours. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.
The Waste Way
At Waste, we live by 4 key cultural pillars and expect ALL Waster’s to live up to these principles. This is what Waste was founded on:
- Be Brave – We look for fresh ways to solve problems and encourage diversity of thought.
- Own Your Shit - We value actions over words and empower Wasters to make things happen.
- Make it Better – We’re always looking for ways to improve our work, agency and ourselves.
- Be Kind – We’re a team. Win together, lose together, learn together.
How Wasters embrace Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Us Wasters are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us diversity and inclusion are not just a tick-boxing activity, but a chance for us to make long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Your application has been submitted