Account Manager (Gaming)
London, United Kingdom
What we’re looking for:
An Account Manager at Waste is responsible for the day-to-day running of client accounts. This may involve running one single account, working with other Account Managers on a larger client account, or working across several smaller accounts.
The role is to ensure client satisfaction with Waste’s activities, strengthening client relationships and seeking out opportunities to grow the account and deliver on the wider account plans, as set by the Account Director.
The Account Manager will act as the client point of contact for all day-to-day tasks on the account, attending client meetings, taking small-to-mid sized briefs, and keeping internal teams updated on the latest developments across the client account.
A key part of the role is building strong relationships with the client and developing a deep understanding of them, their product, and the wider industry in order to be able to best support their needs. This should help the Account Manager seek out opportunities for new projects where Waste can assist the client in achieving their objectives.
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum 3 years proven creative agency experience, working with big brands and managing multiple clients or key stakeholders.
- Experience with entertainment clients
- Excellent industry knowledge and a thirst for keeping that knowledge ahead of the curve.
- A passion for client satisfaction, building relationships that will weather any storms, and making decisions that are client-first.
- The ability to lead proposals and presentations articulately, with incredible brand knowledge and amiability.
- An awareness and love for the financials and an understanding of how to positively present project scopes and proposals to the client.
- As well as the knowledge and experience to interrogate budgets, you’ll have a strong grasp on budget tracking, forecasting and how that fits into the overall picture.
- Enough confidence in your experience, knowledge and client relationships to overcome unforeseen challenges.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to bring all teams together to get the job done and keep the client informed.
- Experience working with your clients to come up with new ideas and ways to develop their digital communications
- Exposure to, and understanding of, the project management and production process
Your duties will be to:
- Acting as the day-to-day point of contact for client comms
- Ensuring the client is up to date with the status of all projects
- Sending over related articles of interest to the client
Day-to-day account management
- Ensuring you have a deep understanding of the client’s business
- Work with the project manager to produce SoW’s
- Work in a collaborative way – ensuring that the client, creative team & production team are aligned throughout the project, to meet deadlines and coordinate workflow, always driving for excellence and managing expectations
Delivery against client goals
- Producing low to mid level client cost estimates with PM & escalating larger estimates to AD
- Attend fortnightly project reconciliation meetings & work with PM on project recs
- Monitoring progress against revenue and profitability targets and reporting monthly to the AD
- You are flexible, adaptable and resilient to fast changing environments and client needs
- Identify growth opportunities and feed them into client plans
- Escalating potential high-risk or damaging situations to the AD
- Acting as the point of contact for all new briefs and the early stages of projects where necessary - as agreed with the AD
- Writing creative briefs for mid-scale projects when delegated by the AD and low scale projects
In return you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment.
- To work on big game titles in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing world-class work
- Early-finish August Fridays
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Breakfast, fruit, massages and Friday beers!
Waste is an independent creative agency founded in 2006. We connect entertainment brands with their fans, to drive creativity, culture and commercial success. A virtuous circle we call ‘Brands powering fans, powering brands’.
Clients include the mobile gaming giant, Supercell (Clash of Clans, Brawl Stars). Our remit is player acquisition and retention, built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also work with the mighty Nintendo, creating TV, OOH and integrated marketing campaigns, for both hardware and software. Other notable clients include Riot Games (League of Legends), Ubisoft, Sega, Verizon Media and most recently Zynga.
In 2020 we were named both “The Drum Content Marketing” and “Digital Industries (DADI)“ Agency of the year. Globally we employ 70+ specialists covering strategy, creative, social, content, experiential, OOH, and TV. We have physical offices in London & LA, and work with brands around the world.
Our approach to everything is shaped by The Waste Way (our company values), and an entrepreneurial spirit. It’s seen us win 100+ awards, including Art Director’s Club, Awwwards, BIMA, D&AD, Clios, Design Week, The Drum, The FWA, Marketing Week Masters, and The Webby Awards. We brew our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale, a favourite with clients and partners. And we’ve recently started our own animation production company, This Thing of Ours. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.
The Waste Way
At Waste, we live by 4 key cultural pillars and expect ALL Waster’s to live up to these principles. This is what Waste was founded on:
- Be Brave – We look for fresh ways to solve problems and encourage diversity of thought.
- Own Your Shit - We value actions over words and empower Wasters to make things happen.
- Make it Better – We’re always looking for ways to improve our work, agency and ourselves.
- Be Kind – We’re a team. Win together, lose together, learn together.
How Wasters embrace Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Us Wasters are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us diversity and inclusion are not just a tick-boxing activity, but a chance for us to make long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Your application has been submitted