London, United Kingdom
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a meticulous QC Operator with an eagle eye to join our team. Working with the Production team, the QC Operator is responsible for quality control on a wide range of projects across Illustration, Design, 2D and 3D. They manage the media that goes into the server, prep media for projects and act as quality control to make sure outputs are technically correct and ready for delivery.
Our QC Operator should be interested and/or have experience in either Design, 2D or 3D (or all of the above) as the position can be a stepping stone into these departments.
While our environment is collaborative and supportive, we thrive on candidates that are proactive, take accountability and really own their work, plus the ability to hit the ground running is a very desirable trait.
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum 2 years as a Junior Designer / Animator (2D or 3D) or MCR Operator (with an interest in animation).
- High-level understanding of creative and production functions, capabilities, applications and techniques across Illustration, Design, Motion Graphics, 2D Animation, 3D and Sound
- Proficient with 2D animation software and a good understanding of techniques and technologies related to animation (Adobe Creative Suite, Plugins such as Trapcode, etc.)
- A strong understanding of encoding/transcoding, codecs, video formats, file types, frame rates, resolutions
- Experience with technical quality control across video, 2D and 3D (Adobe Creative Suite, C4D, Maya, etc.)
- Understanding of production workflows
- Fantastic communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced creative environment
- Ability to effectively and appropriately interact with co-workers at a variety of levels, across many disciplines
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to pick up challenging projects at any phase, at lightning speed with enthusiasm
- Experience working with clients in the gaming/entertainment industry would be valuable, but not a requirement, as this role will include work across several sectors
- UK based
Your duties will be to:
- Work alongside production team to make sure projects are completed to the highest standards
- Run technical QCs on all deliverables with a keen eye for potential issues, which may cover layouts, masking, sizing, feathering, compositing, banding, lighting, layers, etc.
- Act as the bridge between Creative -> Production, prepping all assets for each department (supers, graphics, object layers)
- Take on basic resizing, transcoding and other adhoc jobs on a daily basis
- Manage, log and store assets on the server
- Aid Production team with ingest, transcoding, encoding, consolidating, file sourcing and importing/exporting
In return you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment.
- To work on big game titles in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing world-class work
- Early-finish August Fridays
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Breakfast, fruit, massages and Friday beers!
Waste is an independent creative agency founded in 2006. We connect entertainment brands with their fans, to drive creativity, culture and commercial success. A virtuous circle we call ‘Brands powering fans, powering brands’.
Clients include the mobile gaming giant, Supercell (Clash of Clans, Brawl Stars). Our remit is player acquisition and retention, built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also work with the mighty Nintendo, creating TV, OOH and integrated marketing campaigns, for both hardware and software. Other notable clients include Riot Games (League of Legends), Ubisoft, Sega, Verizon Media and most recently Zynga.
In 2020 we were named both “The Drum Content Marketing” and “Digital Industries (DADI)“ Agency of the year. Globally we employ 70+ specialists covering strategy, creative, social, content, experiential, OOH, and TV. We have physical offices in London & LA, and work with brands around the world.
Our approach to everything is shaped by The Waste Way (our company values), and an entrepreneurial spirit. It’s seen us win 100+ awards, including Art Director’s Club, Awwwards, BIMA, D&AD, Clios, Design Week, The Drum, The FWA, Marketing Week Masters, and The Webby Awards. We brew our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale, a favourite with clients and partners. And we’ve recently started our own animation production company, This Thing of Ours. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.
The Waste Way
At Waste, we live by 4 key cultural pillars and expect ALL Waster’s to live up to these principles. This is what Waste was founded on:
- Be Brave – We look for fresh ways to solve problems and encourage diversity of thought.
- Own Your Shit - We value actions over words and empower Wasters to make things happen.
- Make it Better – We’re always looking for ways to improve our work, agency and ourselves.
- Be Kind – We’re a team. Win together, lose together, learn together.
How Wasters embrace Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Us Wasters are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us diversity and inclusion are not just a tick-boxing activity, but a chance for us to make long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Your application has been submitted