London, United Kingdom
What we’re looking for:
Waste has been working with Supercell for over 6 years, during that time we have seen immense growth. From this a dedicated client services team has grown, producing game-related content for many of Supercells games. The content sits in the apps as well as on social and gains exposure to millions of Supercell’s loyal gaming community.
Working with the AD and BD this role will revolve around delivering a wide range of digital content that sits primarily on social.
Our project managers are a likeable bunch and strive to keep production teams motivated and producing super high-quality work at high speed is paramount. While our environment is collaborative and supportive we thrive on candidates that are proactive, take accountability and really own their work, plus the ability to hit the ground running is a very desirable trait.
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on-agency experience in a PM role, working with big brands, managing multiple projects with a strong focus on digital content production, social content (animated videos and static)
- Willingness to completely immerse yourself in the game’s world, playing the games regularly and understanding the way they work in detail, is integral to the role.
- Good understanding of design standards and practices with a keen eye for detail.
- High-level understanding of post-production roles, functions, capabilities, applications and techniques across Offline, Online, Design, Animation, Motion Graphics, 3D and Sound
- Experience managing post-production workflows across video, 2D and 3D (Adobe Creative Suite, Nuke, C4D, Maya, etc.)
- Experience budgeting, scoping and supervising 2D and 3D animation projects
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile office environment (from home for now) managing multiple projects at the same time where every day there is something new and project priorities can change very quickly.
- Highly proactive - you will need to own the projects you’re managing and need to make sure that both our client and our internal teams are all well informed about their responsibilities, deadlines and deliverables from kick-off
- Comfortable setting up and organising brainstorms, briefing sessions and communicating feedback to the team
- Experience managing the full project life cycle (including creative conception)
- Be an instantly likeable, approachable and friendly person with outstanding communication skills and a hands-on approach to project management and producing.
- Meticulous attention to detail to spot errors in deliverables before they go to the client. Ability to pick things up at lightning speed
- Experience working across different time zones and currencies
- Be a team player, willing to help other members when possible
Your duties will be to:
Reporting directly to the AD and HOP you will:
- Manage the production of a range of digital deliverables with a strong focus on social, 2D and 3D video.
- Be accountable and responsible for the end-to-end process for your project deliverables and have demonstrable knowledge of working in an agile environment
- Be involved in conception feasibility with an aim to bridge the gap between ideation and execution
- Proactively troubleshoot to prevent roadblocks for production team
- Advise on production solutions across video, 2D and 3D
- Track and manage resource and anticipate possible issues
- Produce precise, detailed timelines in conjunction with the creative and production teams. Ensure that key project milestones are hit and form mitigation plans where timings don’t go to plan.
- Keep working cost docs updated regularly
- Have complete confidence and ability to work out project budgets and write detailed SOWs, managing, issues, risk and scope creep along the way
- Create and update project documentation including project plans, flowcharts and budget reconciliation reports
- Receive feedback and relay back to the team, asking necessary questions before it is relayed
- Internally manage the creative and production teams, ensure there is plenty of face to face time with them as opposed to sending emails and hoping.
- Think creatively and add your own flair to each project
- Willingness to work outside of standard office hours with international clients. Although this will be nominal.
In return you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment.
- To work on big game titles in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing world-class work
- Early-finish August Fridays
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Breakfast, fruit, massages and Friday beers!
Waste is an independent creative agency founded in 2006. We connect entertainment brands with their fans, to drive creativity, culture and commercial success. A virtuous circle we call ‘Brands powering fans, powering brands’.
Clients include the mobile gaming giant, Supercell (Clash of Clans, Brawl Stars). Our remit is player acquisition and retention, built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also work with the mighty Nintendo, creating TV, OOH and integrated marketing campaigns, for both hardware and software. Other notable clients include Riot Games (League of Legends), Ubisoft, Sega, Verizon Media and most recently Zynga.
In 2020 we were named both “The Drum Content Marketing” and “Digital Industries (DADI)“ Agency of the year. Globally we employ 70+ specialists covering strategy, creative, social, content, experiential, OOH, and TV. We have physical offices in London & LA, and work with brands around the world.
Our approach to everything is shaped by The Waste Way (our company values), and an entrepreneurial spirit. It’s seen us win 100+ awards, including Art Director’s Club, Awwwards, BIMA, D&AD, Clios, Design Week, The Drum, The FWA, Marketing Week Masters, and The Webby Awards. We brew our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale, a favourite with clients and partners. And we’ve recently started our own animation production company, This Thing of Ours. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.
The Waste Way
At Waste, we live by 4 key cultural pillars and expect ALL Waster’s to live up to these principles. This is what Waste was founded on:
- Be Brave – We look for fresh ways to solve problems and encourage diversity of thought.
- Own Your Shit - We value actions over words and empower Wasters to make things happen.
- Make it Better – We’re always looking for ways to improve our work, agency and ourselves.
- Be Kind – We’re a team. Win together, lose together, learn together.
How Wasters embrace Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Us Wasters are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us diversity and inclusion are not just a tick-boxing activity, but a chance for us to make long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Your application has been submitted