London, United Kingdom
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a Mid-Weight Digital Designer to join our award-winning team. You’ll need to have a design background that includes experience in advertising and content creation and be familiar with both existing and emerging digital platforms.
We’re proud of our agency. Our growth has come from an unflinching commitment to brilliant digital thinking, delivered at speed. It’s a fiercely fast-paced environment, but it’s a lot of fun too, and we value our Wasters and the Waste culture above everything.
This is not a role (or agency) held back by time-consuming process or fussy hand-holding. Waste is a modern independent digital agency who needs a proven design genius to get on board and get stuck in.
The successful applicant will have:
- 3+ years of experience.
- A portfolio showcasing strong design skills, considered use of typography and creative ideas.
- A high level of computer literacy: Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch.
- Illustration skills and Adobe After Effect are non-essential but a huge plus.
- Good understanding of digital design: website design/production and the digital landscape.
- A strong understanding of using current social media technologies to make content for Instagram, Facebook, YouTube etc.
- Experienced with end-to-end motion delivery, concepting, storyboarding and ability to styleframe.
- Exceptional craft and an eye for detail.
- Proactive and results-driven
- You’re up with the latest design trends, both on and off the web.
- Must be London based
Your duties will be to:
- Conceptualise and develop graphics for client design briefs.
- Create work of the highest standard with new, unique ideas that challenges across complex touch points.
- Create assets to be utilised in motion design.
- Provide design support to the other members of the design team.
- Work closely with creative, motion, marketing and technology departments.
In return you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment.
- To work on big game titles in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing world-class work
- Early-finish August Fridays
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Breakfast, fruit, massages and Friday beers!
Waste is an independent creative agency founded in 2006. We connect entertainment brands with their fans, to drive creativity, culture and commercial success. A virtuous circle we call ‘Brands powering fans, powering brands’.
Clients include the mobile gaming giant, Supercell (Clash of Clans, Brawl Stars). Our remit is player acquisition and retention, built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also work with the mighty Nintendo, creating TV, OOH and integrated marketing campaigns, for both hardware and software. Other notable clients include Riot Games (League of Legends), Ubisoft, Sega, Verizon Media and most recently Zynga.
In 2020 we were named both “The Drum Content Marketing” and “Digital Industries (DADI)“ Agency of the year. Globally we employ 70+ specialists covering strategy, creative, social, content, experiential, OOH, and TV. We have physical offices in London & LA, and work with brands around the world.
Our approach to everything is shaped by The Waste Way (our company values), and an entrepreneurial spirit. It’s seen us win 100+ awards, including Art Director’s Club, Awwwards, BIMA, D&AD, Clios, Design Week, The Drum, The FWA, Marketing Week Masters, and The Webby Awards. We brew our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale, a favourite with clients and partners. And we’ve recently started our own animation production company, This Thing of Ours. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.
The Waste Way
At Waste, we live by 4 key cultural pillars and expect ALL Waster’s to live up to these principles. This is what Waste was founded on:
- Be Brave – We look for fresh ways to solve problems and encourage diversity of thought.
- Own Your Shit - We value actions over words and empower Wasters to make things happen.
- Make it Better – We’re always looking for ways to improve our work, agency and ourselves.
- Be Kind – We’re a team. Win together, lose together, learn together.
How Wasters embrace Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Us Wasters are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us diversity and inclusion are not just a tick-boxing activity, but a chance for us to make long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Your application has been submitted