London, United Kingdom
Looking to build a career in gaming marketing?
Independent creative agency Waste is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic intern to join our Strategy department, working on gaming clients like Nintendo, Supercell, Riot and beyond!
A little bit about Waste…
Waste is a fan-first creative agency that believes community is the beating heart of a thriving entertainment brand. In the last 12 months we’ve been named The Drum’s Agency of the Year, one of Campaign’s Best Places To Work, and one of the UK’s 100 Best Small Companies to work for. We’re also in the top 10 most awarded creative agencies in the UK.
The Strategy department bridges the gap between brands and fans through discovery (research) and definition (strategies). We write inspirational briefs filled with understanding, killer insights and creative direction that fuels game-changing ideas.
Working alongside a team of talented Strategists, Creatives and Account Handlers, you’ll be assisting on client projects within the gaming sphere. Throughout this internship, you’ll grow your skills in research, data analytics, insight hunting and more.
Hello, is it you we’re looking for?
We’re looking for a Strategy intern who’s got:
- A passion for gaming and an understanding of gaming communities
- Familiarity with social platforms from Twitter to TikTok to Clubhouse
- Good numeracy and an interest in data
- An eagerness to learn new tools & skills and improve constantly
- A keen eye for social trends
- Ability to research and find interesting reports
- Confidence in presenting findings to an internal team
- Some experience in a creative agency, (preferable, but not essential)
What you can expect from us:
During your 3 months at Waste, you’ll work with some of our biggest gaming clients and be exposed to all kinds of experiences, such as:
- Understand the journey from client brief to strategy to creative to presentation
- Hunting down competitors for new and existing games
- Finding out what kind of gamer is playing these kinds of games using social tools and audience data
- Having a say in how our clients can improve their communities by assisting with reports
- Being part of new game pitches by hosting focus groups, briefings and brainstorms
- Finding new information about the gaming industry and sharing it with the team as well as writing them up for our newsletter
How do I apply?
Alongside your CV and cover letter, we’d like you to briefly tell us about a memorable or noteworthy game-marketing campaign of your choosing. We’d love to know the following:
- Background of the campaign - who’s it by and who was the audience, what was the goal and where did it take place
- Why you like it and why you think it did well
- What you think they could’ve improved on
We’d like you to present your findings in a presentation format like Powerpoint or Google Slides (max. 5 slides). Please post the link to your presentation in either your cover letter or in the 'Website, blog, or portfolio' section on the application.
Your application has been submitted