Senior Project Manager (Gaming)
London, United Kingdom
What we’re looking for:
The dedicated Supercell Senior Project Manager will work report directly into the Project Director and alongside another dedicated Senior PM. They will lead project management for key game brand clients across Supercell’s portfolio, owning the process, productivity and profit of the digital creative projects.
Waste has been working with Supercell for over 6 years, during that time we have seen immense growth. From this a dedicated client services and delivery team has grown, producing game-related content for many of Supercells games. The content sits in the apps as well as on social and gains exposure to millions of Supercell’s loyal gaming community.
This role will revolve around delivering a wide range of digital content with a focus on large budget projects, ensuring they are on time, on brief, on brand and on budget, you’ll also mentor a mid-weight project manager delegating tasks to them as and when required.
Our project managers are a likeable bunch and strive to keep production teams motivated and producing super high-quality work at high speed is paramount. While our environment is collaborative and supportive we thrive on candidates that are proactive, take accountability and really own their work, the ability to hit the ground running is a very desirable trait.
You must have:
- Minimum 7 years proven creative agency experience, working with big brands and delivering multiple projects with a strong focus on digital and social content production
- Minimum 2 years experience in a senior PM role, with a good eye for budget reconciliation
- A passion for best practice, client satisfaction, and consistency of process and service across projects, big or small.
- Highly proactive - you will need to own the projects you’re managing and brands you’re leading alongside your account lead and need to make sure that both our client and our internal teams are all well informed about their responsibilities, deadlines and deliverables from kick-off.
- Experience or a willingness to mentor more junior team members of the project management team, managing their capacity and encouraging growth and improvement.
- Excellent content production knowledge and an eye for QC. You’ll understand the creative process, the creative resource needed, and have experienced working closely with internal teams whether that’s animators, strategists, CDs or tech.
- An awareness and love for the financials including margins, scope and good creative time management.
- Enough confidence in your experience and knowledge to overcome unforeseen challenges.
- Meticulous communication skills with the ability to bring all teams together to get the job done.
- In tandem with another senior PM run weekly Project management meetings looking at capacity and project allocation
- Create monthly financial reports with the AD and finance team
- Experience guiding clients through complex production deliverables and be able to communicate problems and solutions clearly
In return you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment.
- To work on big game titles in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing world-class work
- Early-finish August Fridays
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Breakfast, fruit, massages and Friday beers!
Waste is an independent creative agency founded in 2006. We connect entertainment brands with their fans, to drive creativity, culture and commercial success. A virtuous circle we call ‘Brands powering fans, powering brands’.
Clients include the mobile gaming giant, Supercell (Clash of Clans, Brawl Stars). Our remit is player acquisition and retention, built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also work with the mighty Nintendo, creating TV, OOH and integrated marketing campaigns, for both hardware and software. Other notable clients include Riot Games (League of Legends), Ubisoft, Sega, Verizon Media and most recently Zynga.
In 2020 we were named both “The Drum Content Marketing” and “Digital Industries (DADI)“ Agency of the year. Globally we employ 70+ specialists covering strategy, creative, social, content, experiential, OOH, and TV. We have physical offices in London & LA, and work with brands around the world.
Our approach to everything is shaped by The Waste Way (our company values), and an entrepreneurial spirit. It’s seen us win 100+ awards, including Art Director’s Club, Awwwards, BIMA, D&AD, Clios, Design Week, The Drum, The FWA, Marketing Week Masters, and The Webby Awards. We brew our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale, a favourite with clients and partners. And we’ve recently started our own animation production company, This Thing of Ours. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.
The Waste Way
At Waste, we live by 4 key cultural pillars and expect ALL Waster’s to live up to these principles. This is what Waste was founded on:
- Be Brave – We look for fresh ways to solve problems and encourage diversity of thought.
- Own Your Shit - We value actions over words and empower Wasters to make things happen.
- Make it Better – We’re always looking for ways to improve our work, agency and ourselves.
- Be Kind – We’re a team. Win together, lose together, learn together.
How Wasters embrace Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Us Wasters are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us diversity and inclusion are not just a tick-boxing activity, but a chance for us to make long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Your application has been submitted