Digital Midweight Account Manager (Mobile Gaming - Supercell)
London, United Kingdom
What we’re looking for:
Waste has been working with Supercell for over 6 years, during that time we have seen immense growth. From this a dedicated client services team has grown, producing game-related content for 6 of Supercells games. The content sits in the game app as well as on social and gains exposure to millions of Supercell’s loyal gaming community.
The role will focus on providing an exceptional level of client service delivering a wide range of digital content that sits primarily on social.
The AM’s focus will be entirely on the continual client management and growth of certain dedicated accounts, working alongside a team of AM’s and Project Managers, reporting into the AD and BD.
Due to the international nature of the client, flexible working hours will be required. This can be discussed further at the interview stage.
The client services team are a likeable bunch and strive to keep the project teams motivated, producing super high-quality work at high speed is paramount. While our environment is collaborative and supportive we thrive on candidates that are proactive, take accountability and really own their work. The ability to hit the ground running is a very desirable trait.
The successful applicant MUST have:
- Minimum 3 years hands-on-agency experience in an AM role, working with big, mainstream brands, managing multiple clients. Gaming client experience is a plus.
- Be highly responsive and efficient with client requests.
- Experience running projects which have a strong focus on digital content production, social content (animated videos and static) - this stuff will be your ‘bread and butter’.
- Be an approachable and friendly person with outstanding communication skills and emotional intelligence.
- A familiarity with the different Supercell games. You will currently play at least one of them, or be willing to pick it back up/start playing (a lot).
- Be willing to completely immerse yourself in the games world, playing the games regularly and understanding the way they work in detail, this is very important.
- Experience working in a fast paced, agile environment managing multiple projects at the same time where everyday there is something new and project priorities can change very quickly.
- Highly proactive - you will need to own the projects you’re managing and need to make sure that both our client and our internal teams are all well informed about their responsibilities, deadlines and deliverables from kick off
- Comfortable setting up and organising brainstorms, briefing sessions and communicating feedback to the team
- Experience managing the full project life cycle (including creative conception) with an understanding of PM principles. You will have experience of working collaboratively with Project Managers and understand and respect the role.
- High degree of organisational skills and ability to provide clear communication to all client contacts as well as internal teams
- An ability to manage upwards, know when to crack on with the job in hand and not be afraid to ask questions.
- Confidence in your own ability to build and foster new relationships, at all levels and departments across the agency structure
- Meticulous attention to detail to spot errors in deliverables before they go to client.
- Ability to pick things up at lightning speed
- Experience working across multiple different time zones and currencies.
- Problem solving skills to hit deadlines whilst working against competing priorities, scope creep and spanners being thrown in the works along the way.
Your duties will be to:
Reporting directly to the AD and with support from the PM team you will:
- Acting as the day-to-day point of contact for client comms on selected games
- Ensuring the client is up to date with the status of all projects
- Positively challenge the client, and be willing to engage in complex gaming discussions such is your passion for the industry
Day-to-day account management
- Ensuring you have a deep understanding of the client’s business
- Writing client briefs for projects
- Help to produce account planning documentation, and work towards the aims of the account with the AD’s support.
- Attend client stand-up, account reconciliation, internal account meetings and work check-ins
- Work with the project manager to produce detailed SoW’s
Delivery against client goals
- Producing client cost estimates low to mid-level, & escalating larger estimates to AD
- Attend finance reconciliation meetings
- Ensure that all client projects are being billed on time, and are accounted for in weekly finance meetings, with timely communication to the AD
- Monitoring progress against revenue and profitability targets and reporting regularly to the AD
- Ensuring account presence in all client meetings / calls
- Monitoring and advising on all the client communications on the account
- Escalating potential high-risk or damaging situations to the AD
- Attending all client meetings and calls
- Acting as the point of contact for all new briefs and the early stages of projects where necessary - as agreed with the AD
- Attending all client wash-up sessions
Waste is an independent creative agency founded in 2006. We connect entertainment brands with their fans, to drive creativity, culture and commercial success. A virtuous circle we call ‘Brands powering fans, powering brands’.
Clients include the mobile gaming giant, Supercell (Clash of Clans, Brawl Stars). Our remit is player acquisition and retention, built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also work with the mighty Nintendo, creating TV, OOH and integrated marketing campaigns, for both hardware and software. Other notable clients include Riot Games (League of Legends), Ubisoft, Sega, Verizon Media and most recently Zynga.
In 2020 we were named both “The Drum Content Marketing” and “Digital Industries (DADI)“ Agency of the year. Globally we employ 70+ specialists covering strategy, creative, social, content, experiential, OOH, and TV. We have physical offices in London & LA, and work with brands around the world.
Our approach to everything is shaped by The Waste Way (our company values), and an entrepreneurial spirit. It’s seen us win 100+ awards, including Art Director’s Club, Awwwards, BIMA, D&AD, Clios, Design Week, The Drum, The FWA, Marketing Week Masters, and The Webby Awards. We brew our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale, a favourite with clients and partners. And we’ve recently started our own animation production company, This Thing of Ours. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.
The Waste Way
At Waste, we live by 4 key cultural pillars and expect ALL Waster’s to live up to these principles. This is what Waste was founded on:
- Be Brave – We look for fresh ways to solve problems and encourage diversity of thought.
- Own Your Shit - We value actions over words and empower Wasters to make things happen.
- Make it Better – We’re always looking for ways to improve our work, agency and ourselves.
- Be Kind – We’re a team. Win together, lose together, learn together.
How Wasters embrace Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Us Wasters are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us diversity and inclusion are not just a tick-boxing activity, but a chance for us to make long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.