Animation Production Coordinator
London, United Kingdom
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for an Animation Production Coordinator to join our operations department. You’ll be responsible keeping the animation pipeline running smoothly by supporting all departments with their production requirements.
We’re proud of our agency. Our growth has come from an unflinching commitment to brilliant digital thinking, delivered at speed. It’s a fiercely fast-paced environment, but it’s a lot of fun too, and we value our Wasters and the Waste culture above everything.
This is not a role (or agency) held back by time-consuming process or fussy hand-holding. Waste is a modern creative agency who needs a proven production genius to get on board and get stuck in.
The successful applicant will have:
- 3 years’ experience in the animation industry
- Full understanding of the animation process. 3D, frame by frame, motion graphics. Stop motion is a bonus.
- London based or close enough to commute.
Your duties will be to:
- Reporting into the operations department, you will be required to work with project managers and creatives on pipelines, budgets, feasibility and timelines.
- Assign and curate teams for specialist animation projects. So, a full understanding of the animation pipeline whether 2D, 3D, or Mixed media is essential.
- Alongside the project managers you will be responsible for assigning key milestones check-ins, making sure assets are prepped for animation, and ensuring the smooth running of a project all the way to delivery.
In return, you’ll get:
- To work on big brands in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing work that we’re all proud of
- Early-finish August Fridays
- Christmas and summer parties, you'll want to post about
- Breakfast, fruit, massage and Friday beers!
Waste is an independent creative agency founded in 2006. We connect entertainment brands with their fans, to drive creativity, culture and commercial success. A virtuous circle we call ‘Brands powering fans, powering brands’.
Clients include the mobile gaming giant, Supercell (Clash of Clans, Brawl Stars). Our remit is player acquisition and retention, built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also work with the mighty Nintendo, creating TV, OOH and integrated marketing campaigns, for both hardware and software. Other notable clients include Riot Games (League of Legends), Ubisoft, Sega, Verizon Media and most recently Zynga.
In 2020 we were named both “The Drum Content Marketing” and “Digital Industries (DADI)“ Agency of the year. Globally we employ 70+ specialists covering strategy, creative, social, content, experiential, OOH, and TV. We have offices in London & LA, and work with brands around the world.
Our approach to everything is shaped by The Waste Way (our company values), and an entrepreneurial spirit. It’s seen us win 100+ awards, including Art Director’s Club, Awwwards, BIMA, D&AD, Clios, Design Week, The Drum, The FWA, Marketing Week Masters, and The Webby Awards. We brew our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale, a favourite with clients and partners. And we’ve recently started our own animation production company, This Thing of Ours. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.
The Waste Way
Waste is founded on 4 key cultural pillars and expect ALL Waster’s to live up to these principles:
- Be Brave – We look for fresh ways to solve problems and encourage diversity of thought.
- Own Your Shit - We value actions over words and empower Wasters to make things happen.
- Make it Better – We’re always looking for ways to improve our work, agency and ourselves.
- Be Kind – We’re a team. Win together, lose together, learn together.
Embracing Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Waste is committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. We want to make sure that diversity and inclusion is not just a tick-boxing activity, but a step towards long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.