Digital Account Director (Supercell games) Maternity Cover
London, United Kingdom
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a proactive, friendly and experienced Account Director to join the Supercell client services team. The team work across the full spectrum of Supercell titles with a leaning towards Boom Beach, Clash of Clans and Brawl Stars.
With a focus on social and video, but plenty of room to grow into other areas of digital and beyond, we’re looking for someone who loves autonomy, ownership and opportunity, to partner with our clients to make exceptional work.
We’re also looking for someone who is a passionate gamer if you don’t regularly play games on your mobile, console, PC or another gaming device this role is not for you.
Start date: May 2021 (12 month fixed-term contract) This is a maternity cover post, however Waste is growing and it is highly likely there will be other opportunities at the end of the cover.
The successful applicant will have:
- A minimum of 5 years hands-on-agency experience with a strong focus on digital content production, social, 2D & 3D video
- Demonstrable experience in generating new business leads from within an existing account. As part of this the ability to develop relationships over zoom, email, slack etc. is crucial. Our clients are not based in the UK.
- Line Management experience is required. You will be used to, and enjoy, managing and developing a team
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to problem solve challenging projects at any phase, at lightning speed with enthusiasm
- The ability to switch project priorities at speed whilst asking the right questions to the client to ensure requests are completely understood and possible knock on effects are communicated, all the while ensuring that the rest of the team are abreast of latest updates
- Be an instantly likeable, approachable and friendly person, keen to collaborate, share knowledge and help others within the team. Focusing on helping the team find solutions rather than problems
- An ability to independently influence and manage senior stakeholders including client, internal teams and third parties
- A confident communicator ensuring both our clients and our internal teams are all well informed about their responsibilities, deadlines and deliverables from kick-off
- Demonstrable experience delivering high-quality projects on time and budget, ensuring both the client and agency are proud and happy with the result
- Problem-solving skills to be able to assist with project blockers escalated to you
- A thorough understanding of design standards, practices and technical knowledge.
- Experience in the gaming sector
- Experience working with clients in different time zones
Your duties will be:
- Play the games, learn them back to front and be prepared to be asked very specific questions about game intricacies
- Part of a team of approvers ensuring all content released to the client is on brand, fit for purpose and correctly follows the detailed intricacies of the games and the brand standards. Usually as a last check before work is delivered to the client
- Be the first client point of contact for senior client relationships. Ensure that all clients understand that you are point of escalation, if Account Managers are not available for example
- Update finance reports weekly
- Point of escalation where budget decisions need to be made bearing in mind profitability of the entire account and entire account finances
- Client finance document approval (support given by Business Director and LPM when necessary)
- Advising on mitigation plans should there be any project blockers from an account management point of view.
- Suggesting workflows to ensure projects are managed efficiently, foreseeing problems and suggesting mitigation plans along the way.
- Attend project brainstorms/kick-offs ensuring that Account and Project Managers are prepared to accurately brief the team on requirements and flagging watch-outs
- Staying up to date with current social trends, competitors and the Supercell community to understand how they work, think and what will and won’t resonate with them. Using this understanding to ensure that work will be effective.
- Own, lead and facilitate client status calls, keep clients on their toes, ask the right questions
- Feedback on creative, at all stages, from a brand and gameplay perspective
- All briefs are interrogated and fit for purpose before project kick off
- Understand client feedback and make sure we’re asking necessary questions before debriefing the team
- Ensure the account team client plans are updated weekly and discussed with the business director
Line Management responsibilities:
- You will act as a sounding board/critical friend/decision maker for the Supercell team where necessary
- This includes managing a team of 6 direct reports (4x PM’s and 2x AM’s)
- You will manage 121s, personal development plans, objective setting and will regularly check in with each team member on their progress in these areas
- You will lead annual reviews, with support from the Business Director
Work with the Lead Project Manager:
- To ensure that projects are resourced and prioritised properly
- To ensure projects managed by the team are on track in terms of costing, scope and deadlines
- SoWs are delivered on time and contain accurate budgets, cross-checking against recorded resource hours accordingly
- Budgets are kept to up to date and are approved by clients prior to work beginning
- To monitor profitability
Working with the Heads of Departments:
- Engross yourself in the game brands, understand the games from top to toe
- Work collaboratively on future planning and content road map
- Regular meetings with HODs to ensure the smooth-running of the account
- Work collaboratively with the Strategy and Creative Directors to convert insights/opportunities into sellable ideas
In return, you’ll get:
- A monthly game budget to spend on in-app purchases
- To work on big brands in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing work that we’re all proud of
- Early-finish August Fridays
- Christmas and summer parties, you'll want to post about
- Breakfast, fruit, massage and Friday beers!
Waste is an independent digital creative agency founded in 2006 on the principle of cutting out unnecessary agency fluff in favour of urgency, expertise and a no-fuss attitude. We call this approach ‘Maximum Digital. Minimum Nonsense.’
With offices in London and Los Angeles, we employ 70+ specialists covering strategy, creative, social and web content, advertising, digital experiential, DOOH, UX and SEO.
Our clients include Supercell, the mobile gaming giant, for whom we deliver player acquisition and retention built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also provide digital leadership for energy giant Centrica, specifically British Gas Business. Other clients include WW (formerly known as Weight Watchers) Sega, Ubisoft, Mecca Bingo, Grosvenor Casinos, intu, Howdens and media brand family Oath.
Our approach has seen us nominated for more than 70+ awards, including: Agency of the Year 2020 at The Drum Content Awards and The DADI Awards, D&AD’s, Awwwards, BIMAs, Clios, CIM, Design Week, The Drum, FWA, Masters, Pixels, Lovies, W3 and Webbys. We’re renowned for brewing our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale (WPA), a firm favourite with clients and partners. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.