Junior Resource Manager
London, United Kingdom
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a junior resource manager to join our lovely team here at Waste. You’ll be working with the current resource manager to have a holistic view of the full studio, from creative through to production. This role will require you to work well in a team, communicating with the resource manager on potential resourcing conflict and flagging when freelancers might be required.
We’re proud of our agency. Our growth has come from an unflinching commitment to brilliant digital thinking, delivered at speed. It’s a fiercely fast-paced environment, but it’s a lot of fun too, and we value our Wasters and the Waste culture above everything.
This is not a role (or agency) held back by time-consuming process or fussy hand-holding. Waste is a modern independent digital agency who needs a Junior Resource Manager to get on board and get stuck in.
The successful applicant will have:
- Previous experience as a resource manager
- Highly organised
- Personable and approachable
- Self-starter, with a can-do attitude
- Flexible to an ever-changing deadline
- Follow process and best practice
- Added bonus: to have an idea of the design process
Your duties will be to:
- Attend daily stand ups and manage any resourcing issues that might arise.
- Managing freelance bookings, admin and timesheets.
- Managing our freelance black book of contacts.
- Liaising with Project Managers to ensure briefs are running on track.
- Attending weekly resourcing meetings working with the Resource Manager to book new projects into the team.
- Assist on managing resource across creative, design, motion and tech.
- Helping make sure studio processes and ways of working are followed.
- Learning the skill sets of each team in order to resource the work more efficiently.
In return, you’ll get:
- To work on big brands in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency.
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment.
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing work that we’re all proud of.
- Breakfast, fruit, massages and Friday beers!
The Drum 2020 DADI – Agency of the Year
The Drum 2020 Content – Agency of the Year
Waste is an independent digital creative agency founded in 2006 on the principle of cutting out unnecessary agency fluff in favour of urgency, expertise and a no-fuss attitude. We call this approach ‘Maximum Digital. Minimum Nonsense.’
With offices in London and Los Angeles, we employ 70+ specialists covering strategy, creative, social and web content, advertising, digital experiential, DOOH, UX and SEO.
Our clients include Supercell, the mobile gaming giant, for whom we deliver player acquisition and retention built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also provide digital leadership for energy giant Centrica, specifically British Gas Business. Other clients include WW (formerly known as Weight Watchers) Sega, Ubisoft, Mecca Bingo, Grosvenor Casinos, intu, Howdens and media brand family Oath.
Our approach has seen us nominated for more than 70+ awards, including: Agency of the Year 2020 at The Drum Content Awards and The DADI Awards, D&AD’s, Awwwards, BIMAs, Clios, CIM, Design Week, The Drum, FWA, Masters, Pixels, Lovies, W3 and Webbys. We’re renowned for brewing our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale (WPA), a firm favourite with clients and partners. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.