Digital Mid Weight Project Manager (Gaming)
London, United Kingdom
About the role:
Waste has been working in the gaming sector for 16 years collaborating with AA and AAA studios both locally and globally. As part of the agency expansion and to further improve our offering we are looking for a solid mid-weight PM to join a newly formed team at Waste.
This is a new team solely working with our gaming clients, while it’s still in its infancy there are lots of exciting opportunities and this role would have an impact on how the team evolves.
Working with the AD and Lead PM, this role will revolve around delivering a wide range of digital content from display advertising to social, web and video content. The candidate will mainly focus on all gaming clients with the exception of Supercell working on content for paid client work as well as pitches.
Our project managers are a likeable bunch and strive to keep production teams motivated and producing super high-quality work at high speed is paramount. While our environment is collaborative and supportive we thrive on candidates that are proactive and own their work, the ability to hit the ground running is a very desirable trait.
The successful disposal expert MUST have:
- Minimum 3 years hands-on-agency experience in Project management role, working with big brands, managing multiple projects with a strong focus on digital content production, social content (animated videos and static)
- A passion for gaming and willingness to completely immerse themselves in the games world, playing the games regularly and understanding the way they work in detail, this is very important
- Good understanding of design standards and practices with a keen eye for detail
- Able to read a digital media plan and how to plan it into creative, design and production
- Knowledge of the ad serving processes and timeframes from the ad agency (not media) side
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile office environment managing multiple projects at the same time where everyday there is something new and project priorities can change very quickly
- Highly proactive - you will need to own the projects you’re managing and need to make sure that both our internal teams are all well informed about their responsibilities, deadlines and deliverables from kick off
- Not afraid to be brave and unphased by delivering projects outside of your comfort zone
- Experience managing the full project life cycle (including creative conception), writing your own brief sometimes
- Be an instantly likeable, approachable and friendly person with outstanding communication skills
- High degree of organisational skills and ability to provide clear communication and support to all areas of production
- Meticulous attention to detail to spot errors in deliverables before they go to client. Ability to pick things up at lightning speed
- Responsive and efficient with client requests where needed
- Experience working across different time zones and currencies is desirable but not mandatory
- Problem-solving skills to deliver projects on time whilst working against competing priorities, scope creep and priority shifting along the way
Your duties will be to:
Reporting to the AD and working with the Lead PM you will:
- Manage the production of a range of digital deliverables with a strong focus on social content, digital display, 2D and 3D video.
- Be accountable and responsible for the end-to-end process for your project deliverables and have demonstrable knowledge of working in an agile environment
- Track and manage resource and anticipate possible issues
- Produce precise, detailed timelines in conjunction with the creative and production teams. Ensure that key project milestones are hit and form mitigation plans where timings don’t go to plan.
- Keep working cost docs updated regularly
- Have complete confidence and ability to work out project budgets and write detailed SOWs, managing, issues, risk and scope creep along the way
- Create and update project documentation including project plans, flowcharts and budget reconciliation reports
- Receive feedback and relay back to the team, asking necessary questions before it is relayed
- Internally manage the creative and production teams, ensure that instructions are carried out face to face
- Provide regular production statuses to the AD and Lead PM and escalate any risks where appropriate.
- Willingness to work outside of standard office hours with international clients. Although this will be nominal.
In return, you’ll get:
- To work on big brands in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing work that we’re all proud of
- Breakfast, fruit, massage and Friday beers!
The Drum 2020 DADI – Agency of the Year
The Drum 2020 Content – Agency of the Year
Waste is an independent digital creative agency founded in 2006 on the principle of cutting out unnecessary agency fluff in favour of urgency, expertise and a no-fuss attitude. We call this approach ‘Maximum Digital. Minimum Nonsense.’
With offices in London and Los Angeles, we employ 70+ specialists covering strategy, creative, social and web content, advertising, digital experiential, DOOH, UX and SEO.
Our clients include Supercell, the mobile gaming giant, for whom we deliver player acquisition and retention built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also provide digital leadership for energy giant Centrica, specifically British Gas Business. Other clients include WW (formerly known as Weight Watchers) Sega, Ubisoft, Mecca Bingo, Grosvenor Casinos, intu, Howdens and media brand family Oath.
Our approach has seen us nominated for more than 70+ awards, including: Agency of the Year 2020 at The Drum Content Awards and The DADI Awards, D&AD’s, Awwwards, BIMAs, Clios, CIM, Design Week, The Drum, FWA, Masters, Pixels, Lovies, W3 and Webbys. We’re renowned for brewing our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale (WPA), a firm favourite with clients and partners. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.