Game Capture Artist
London, United Kingdom
About the role:
Waste has been working with Supercell for over 6 years and produced game-related content for all 5 of their games. Our content sits in-app as well as on social and even in the merchandise store and gains exposure to millions of Supercell’s loyal gaming community.
We’re looking for a Game Capture Artist who can start immediately to join our award-winning team.
In your role, you will be expected to stage, shoot and scrutinize shots across specialized development builds to create the best content possible for our clients.
Our awesome client list and fast growth is driven by a culture of no-waffle and a strong creative focus. The successful applicant will need to be able to perform against those values and hit the ground running without heavy handholding.
We’re looking for:
- A passionate gamer, particularly someone who enjoys mobile games (Supercell titles preferred)
- A willingness to learn the games inside out and play them all the time
- Someone that can adapt and understand game development builds that are ever-changing
- Understanding of game trends across the gaming landscape
- Creative problem solving, finding ways around bugs and problems that appear in builds
- A keen eye for composition
- An eagerness to develop game capture techniques and creative storytelling skills
- A collaborator that can work with multiple departments efficiently
- Competence with OBS Studio (Not essential)
- Previous experience in a Game Capture Artist role (essential)
- Knowledge in Adobe After Effects CC
- Mac and PC proficient, with PC being the most important
- Able to use iOS devices
- Create high-quality game capture content using game development builds and OBS Studio
- Meet Capture deadlines which can sometimes be very tight, and manage your own time efficiently
- Have a keen eye for quality ensuring the highest possible detail levels
- Select footage that meets the brief requirements and be able to tell a story through game capture and show of the games and their elements in the best possible light
- Fully understand the latest version of each game and be the conduit for all game updates
- Be able to edit captured footage in Adobe After Effects using editing techniques to make it look as exciting as possible
- Assist with weekly reports on player insights through social listening
- Gather high-quality assets and export them from the game when they’re required
In return, you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment.
- To work on big game titles in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing world-class work
- Early-finish August Fridays
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Breakfast, fruit, massages and Friday beers!
The Drum 2020 DADI – Agency of the Year
The Drum 2020 Content – Agency of the Year
Waste is an independent digital creative agency founded in 2006 on the principle of cutting out unnecessary agency fluff in favour of urgency, expertise and a no-fuss attitude. We call this approach ‘Maximum Digital. Minimum Nonsense.’
With offices in London and Los Angeles, we employ 70+ specialists covering strategy, creative, social and web content, advertising, digital experiential, DOOH, UX and SEO.
Our clients include Supercell, the mobile gaming giant, for whom we deliver player acquisition and retention built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also provide digital leadership for energy giant Centrica, specifically British Gas Business. Other clients include WW (formerly known as Weight Watchers) Sega, Ubisoft, Mecca Bingo, Grosvenor Casinos, intu, Howdens and media brand family Oath.
Our approach has seen us nominated for more than 70+ awards, including: Agency of the Year 2020 at The Drum Content Awards and The DADI Awards, D&AD’s, Awwwards, BIMAs, Clios, CIM, Design Week, The Drum, FWA, Masters, Pixels, Lovies, W3 and Webbys. We’re renowned for brewing our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale (WPA), a firm favourite with clients and partners. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.