Junior Digital Designer
London, United Kingdom
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a Junior Digital Designer to join our award-winning team in our Farringdon offices.
You’ll need to have a design background that includes experience with online advertising, content creation, UI and UX and be familiar with both existing and emerging digital platforms.
Our awesome client list and fast growth is driven by a culture of no-waffle and a strong creative focus. The successful applicant will need to be able to perform against those values, and hit the ground running without heavy handholding.
What we need from you:
- You’re up with the latest design trends, both on and off the web.
- You’re bold and original. You’re constantly asking questions, pushing digital boundaries and you can articulate your ideas with the rest of the team.
- You’re meticulously detailed and thorough attitude to your work.
- Ability to accept critical feedback and respond accordingly.
- Self-starter attitude with a desire to learn
The skills we’re looking for:
- Graduate to one-year experience.
- A portfolio showcasing strong design skills, considered use of typography and creative ideas.
- A high level of computer literacy: Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Storyboarding, illustration skills and AdobeAfter Effect are a huge plus.
- Good understanding of digital design: website design/production and the digital landscape
- A strong understanding of using current social media technologies to make content for Instagram, Facebook, YouTube etc.
- Proven ability to adopt a self-motivated, methodical, problem solving approach to work.
- Confident working to deadlines and achieving defined goals.
- Excellent presentation, organisational, time management skills.
In return, you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment.
- To work on big game titles in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing world-class work
- Early-finish August Fridays
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Breakfast, fruit, massages and Friday beers!
The Drum 2020 DADI – Agency of the Year
The Drum 2020 Content – Agency of the Year
Waste is an independent digital creative agency founded in 2006 on the principle of cutting out unnecessary agency fluff in favour of urgency, expertise and a no-fuss attitude. We call this approach ‘Maximum Digital. Minimum Nonsense.’
With offices in London and Los Angeles, we employ 70+ specialists covering strategy, creative, social and web content, advertising, digital experiential, DOOH, UX and SEO.
Our clients include Supercell, the mobile gaming giant, for whom we deliver player acquisition and retention built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also provide digital leadership for energy giant Centrica, specifically British Gas Business. Other clients include WW (formerly known as Weight Watchers) Sega, Ubisoft, Mecca Bingo, Grosvenor Casinos, intu, Howdens and media brand family Oath.
Our approach has seen us nominated for more than 70+ awards, including: Agency of the Year 2020 at The Drum Content Awards and The DADI Awards, D&AD’s, Awwwards, BIMAs, Clios, CIM, Design Week, The Drum, FWA, Masters, Pixels, Lovies, W3 and Webbys. We’re renowned for brewing our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale (WPA), a firm favourite with clients and partners. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.